IFO at Steele

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
This usually goes to MMP, but I guess its coming to Steele as well this year. Anyone plan on going? I went a couple years ago and it is mostly civics, but other than that it may be a good time. We may can get a mini-meet or something.

I may drag even though I know some bham guys that are faster than me :<. Suprahero should enter the Show-n-Shine, teehee.

Steele, Alabama has been added to the 2007 IFO schedule. The 5th annual Montgomery IFO is still on for November 11th. Here's the info for the Steele event...

IMPORT FACE-OFF: Sunday, May 20th at Alabama International Dragway in Steele, AL from 11am to 6pm.

EVENT ACTIVITIES: Car/truck/bike show, hot body contest, 1/4 mile drag racing, burnout contest, stereo crank it up contest (Usaci double points), vendors, raffles and giveaways, Mixed Martial Arts exhibition (open submission grappling competition), DJs, and live concert. DJs, bands, and rap artists, call 225-247-7223 to be booked.

SHOW CLASSES: Best Interior, Best Paint/Finish, Best Engine Bay, Best Display, Best Mitsubishi, Best Toyota, Best Scion, Best Nissan, Best Mazda, Best Euro, Best Civic (mild), Best Civic (wild), Best Other Honda (mild), Best Other Honda (wild), Best Acura (mild), Best Acura (wild), Best Other Import (Subaru, Hyundai, etc.), Best Domestic Sports Compact, Best Domestic Car, Best Domestic Truck/SUV, Best Import Truck/SUV, Best Luxury, Best Exotic, Best Underconstruction, Best Club Participation, Best Club Representation $200, Best of Show $300. Additional classes and/or places to be added depending on participation (usually a class for every 4 of a specific make/model vehicle).

DRAG CLASSES AND PAYOUTS
FWD Quick 8 $1000
Street Class Quick 8 $800
All Motor Quick 4 $400
Bracket 14.99 and Faster $200
Bracket 15.00 and Slower $200
Motorcycle Bracket $100
*full fields required for full payout

SHOW PRICES:
Spectator $13 with flier (regular $15) *fliers printed off computer OK to use - right click on flier image, print.
Test and Tune Drag racer $20 - open to any make/model
Competition Drag racer $30 - imports or sport compacts only
Car Show Entry $25 - Burn out contest FREE
Stereo Crank It Up Info: www.SoundOff.org
Event info: www.ImportFaceOff.net *to be updated with Birmingham specifics soon

SupraNBama

Apr 1, 2005
Anniston,Alabama
i wish i could have the supra ready by then atleast to take it up there...but it looks as though it maybe a little longer.....had to have the head redone ::head was warped:: and i need to get out there and check the crank to make sure the rodknock didnt do any damage to it...if it did i can send it off and have it machined or buy a new whole bottomend for it...havent decided yet...but i will keep u updated

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
sounds like a great time and I've been wanting to go to Steele and race. It may be too crowded to get to race more than once that day though. I"m hoping to get a Nashman shortshifter before I go race though. Keep reminding me of this Patrick. Thanks, Jay

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
count me in. steele is pretty close. almost have my other supra done but i dont think it will make it. i've been real busy. got 4 supra sitting in the drive way. 84,85,87,88. trying to get in to a mk2 :evil2:

SupraNBama

Apr 1, 2005
Anniston,Alabama
well im going for sure now.....and also found a 92 sitting in someones hard a friend is checking for me....right now the guy wants 300 for it....unknown as far as what motor,5sp or auto etc....im hoping its a 92t 5 speed ill go pick it up and drop a motor into it and use it as a dd while im rebuilding the 88

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Vixen and I will be there all day. I dont want to hear any excuses about no shows either. We need to take some good videos and some great pictures. Everyone please, please, please bring their cameras. I'll see you there. I'll be the good looking guy with the goofy, uh I mean, I'll be the goofy guy with the good looking woman...............:biglaugh:

Scott, I really wish you could make it, but I understand about family issues. I can't believe I don't have anything planned this weekend.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'll see you there Keith. If the engine is back by friday evening, you should have it running and broke in by saturday at lunch..................:biglaugh: