If you like metal/death metal, check out Ænimus.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
I'll let their music do the 'talking,' I'll talk more below if you're interested

Here is the Ænimus myspace page that has a player with a couple of their songs:
http://www.myspace.com/aenimusofficial

Here they are on ReverbNation if you ever visit that site:
http://www.reverbnation.com/aenimusofficial

I think their music is on a mix CD at Hot Topic too, I have to ask my bud though, I'm not sure if it's there yet.

Anyone in the South Bay already familiar with their name by chance?
Let me know what do you think!

DSC_6269.jpg

My best friend is the bassist for this band, and while the metal genre isn't usually my thing, especially screamo/death metal, their stuff is really pretty good. Personally I dig the guitar licks and bass.

They've been together less than a year, but they're all very talented musicians, and great people to boot, which makes liking them even easier. They seem to be doing very well in the metal scene especially for being such a fresh group, so I thought I'd share.

Enjoy!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Music is good! I can't see the point of destroying a voice like that though. And they give the song a name?

Actually, my daughter's x-boyfriend was the drummer for a band that sounded almost exactly like them, and I always left their shows with the same thought. They kicked ass, but desperately needed words! Maybe I'm just getting old.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Music is good. They need words. I'm a fan of hardcore, metal, etc... but if I can't understand the words I get through about three songs until I change albums to something else.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
ForcedTorque;1673355 said:
Music is good! I can't see the point of destroying a voice like that though. And they give the song a name?

Actually, my daughter's x-boyfriend was the drummer for a band that sounded almost exactly like them, and I always left their shows with the same thought. They kicked ass, but desperately needed words! Maybe I'm just getting old.

I understand, I've left shows wondering what was said, and I wish I knew because the times I've asked, the lyrics are good. I've asked if they have considered 'singing' rather than 'screaming' or however you want to describe either, (let's say lyrics you can understand without knowing them beforehand), and just I don't think that's their thing. Slightly different genre to have discernible lyrics I think. He is a great screamer though! They may incorporate some small bits you can understand but it wouldn't be the main vocals.

shaeff;1673371 said:
Music is good. They need words. I'm a fan of hardcore, metal, etc... but if I can't understand the words I get through about three songs until I change albums to something else.

Cool, totally makes sense. Just today in my voice class we talked about those who learn/listen to lyrics, and those who learn/listen to melodies. I think perhaps fans of this genre are be more attuned to music, rather than words.

87mk111;1674473 said:
sweetstuf, this is right p my alley lol. ill have to show it to some of my friends. thanks for sharin.

Awesome man, I appreciate it, as I know they will as well! Here they are on facebook as well, since that site has seemingly surpassed myspace in terms of networking.

http://www.facebook.com/Aenimus

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Figit090;1675015 said:
Cool, totally makes sense. Just today in my voice class we talked about those who learn/listen to lyrics, and those who learn/listen to melodies. I think perhaps fans of this genre are be more attuned to music, rather than words.

Yep, no other music is as chaotic and as heavy as metal. Maybe Im an oddball but I always listen to music because of the melodies, but always end up learning all the lyrics anyways.