If you had 20 some odd grand.. mk4 or mk3? or mr2?

Puppy Eater

from the rooftop...
Mar 31, 2005
in your dreams....
so.. i am curious as to what you guys would do if you had enough money to buy a mk4.. would you.. buy the mk4? buy and build a mk3? or turn an mr2 (aw11 or sw20) into a track demon?

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
Probably just MK3 and dd it maybe? I mean... If you spend the money, you won't have any left, so you're kinda on the edge. If you have some odd 100+ grand of free money, then why not something else, though I don't really 100%ly like the mk4

C

cnewingham

I'd keep my mk3 and buy a new DD, which is what I did. I was looking at getting a mk4 but after owning a mk3 for several years I have just come acustomed to it and love it (more than the mk4 I test drove) so I went and bought a new tacoma X-runner, however it was a little more than $20K. Couldnt be happier on my decision

Murd

Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver, WA.
I'd get my MKIII repainted, send it to driftmotion and have a 1JZ put in. Then have coilovers, swaybars, wilwood brakes, new 17" wheels and tires. 1 piece drive shaft, LSD Rear, lightweight flywheel... Hmmm and then with the other 5 grand, put it away for a just in case fund.

Murd

Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver, WA.
Murd said:
I'd get my MKIII repainted, send it to driftmotion and have a 1JZ put in. Then have coilovers, swaybars, wilwood brakes, new 17" wheels and tires. 1 piece drive shaft, LSD Rear, lightweight flywheel... Hmmm and then with the other 5 grand, put it away for a just in case fund.

Oops I forgot replace all the bushings in the car too...

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
Now that I think about it.... I wouldn't waste 20g's on a old ass car ever again.

I would just buy a new Scion xB with warranty and put the rest of the $$ towards taking vacations.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
id get a MINT black 92 with a targa top and throw in a 2jz with a 5 speed.

aside for the other usual goodies, it would have a stock exhaust with an electric cut out.

although, i now have a mint red 91 with a 1jz going... so im not too far from my dream.

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
I would probably finish my MKIII to my standards and buy a daily like a used RSX or a newer civic something reliable and pocket the rest for a rainy day.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Ric said:
Theres a Gen2 with auto and tiptronic and VVTI with BL67 kit on Orlando forums forsale. 18,5 i think what its going for.
adam's car? I'm not sure if its still for sale? last I knew he blew the vvti bottom end and was putting a tt bottom end in it..

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
tissimo said:
adam's car? I'm not sure if its still for sale? last I knew he blew the vvti bottom end and was putting a tt bottom end in it..

Yeah, Adam's. I didnt know the 2JZ VVTI bottom end was weak too. I thought it was just a 1JZ VVTI flaw. O well, even better!