If its not one thing....

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Its another..

Getting the SP6265 installed (on the HKS Longrunner manifold) and run into a couple of issues.

SP6265 install photoa.jpg

As you can see by the photo, the charcoal canister had to be removed. Anyone know of a smaller one that would work in its place?

Also, my oil dipstick wont be able to go in the normal location. Is there a solution for that as well? (I would have to bring it up straight from the hole in between the manifold openings to mount on the head)

Finally, is there a 4" charge pipe setup available for the air filter or does that have to be custom fabricated? (will be venting to atmosphere with the HKS BOV).

(photo of the HKS Longrunner Manifold)
hks_longrunner_mania.jpg

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
I believe the JZ charcoal canister is smaller - can't remember exactly the size, but I think Ron had one. Otherwise, relocate it to under the headlight or somewhere away from the DP area.

Dipstick- I would get a second tube and try to bend how it routes to get it outside of the manifold.

Not aware of a premade intake pipe since each setup changes the location somewhat, so probably easier to get material and have it made. Somebody else may be aware of a premade one though..

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Kk, will see if I can find one, if its like 60% it would fit. Right now it would be pressing onto the hot side of the turbo.

For the oil dipstick tube are there "bendable" tubes for that? I woul like to move the handle out near the shock tower but that would be quite a bend and I think my stock tube would kink.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
+1 for JDM charcoal canister. The 1JZ one is much smaller.

I know that there are other dipstick options. I re-bent mine on the '89. Get a tubing bender (Made for brake/hydraulic/fuel lines) at Princess Auto and you can make adjustments to the dipstick location. I have mine so that it can hang from a mount on the shock tower.

(I did mine without the tubing bender, just being careful, but I'd have used the bender if I knew how cheap they are. :D )

I custom fabricated the 4" charge pipe. There are some available if you don't need the AFM anymore (I know you're going standalone) Driftmotion had a 45 degree 4" bend that would be dirt simple to make work, depending on what you want to do with PCV and ISC air.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
i used some stainless braided line that fit over my stock dipstick tube.
i left about 3" of the original dipstick at the bottom and about 2" at the top so the stick is still able to "click" in

wrapped it in heat tape just to be safe. not the best but its a whole lot cheaper than the lokar dipstick

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The DP wouldn't hit without the 3/4" spacer, but then I would have to shorten the DP and swap in a 1/4 to 1/2" spacer because the turbo housing would be too close to the HKS longrunner manifold. The Lokar Dipstick looks awesome.. gonna order that. I like Wes' items, they look classy and do the job right.

A lot of this all is going to dictate if I can go standalone right away, because I am not the one doing the work. Trying to keep the costs down without sacrificing any quality, so I may have to go without the standalone for a couple of months. Trying to avoid that, though. If I do, then I can go with more advanced injectors (go from 550's to 700+). The newer technology injectors are much more accurate. Only reason I stayed with the RC's is they work so well with the Lexus AFM upgrade.

Sometimes I feel kinda silly... 135.00 for a dipstick is awesomely expensive.. yet I don't mind that price. This car brings out the worse in me when it comes to parts... Im like a trophy wife with a limitless credit card....

Thanks Poodles! I forget about that area unless I am planning the next upgrades. When I get hit with the ... "uh-oh... this aint gonna work unless we do this..." I panic a bit because it means the $$ figures rise and the time frame stretches...

Last edited:

spoolme

supra4umsfreak
May 9, 2005
Roswell, NM
lokar dipstick...i have one on my car. cost about $120 from DM. also DM does have 4" intake pipes for i beleive $40. you might look into geting a NA pwer steering resivior aswell to free up some room by the turbo.
nice setup. :)