If i lose to another f*ckin honda civic...

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
7MA61 said:
NA MK3 engine + MK2 plus mods + the worst 215/65/14 in the world = 14.787 1/4 mile which happily dispatches most rice boys:icon_razz

this is supramania. MK3 site... im talking about NA MK3s... way too heavy to not make any power

7MA61

7MA61
Aug 27, 2006
Sydney
OneJoeZee said:
this is supramania. MK3 site... im talking about NA MK3s... way too heavy to not make any power
agreed but he wanted to know how he could beat civics with a 7mge so I provided him with a solution:icon_bigg .

Unless he wants to remove alot of weight from his MK3 I completely agree

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
i'm willing to bet that the ACIS isn't functioning properly on the origional poster's car...

-shaeff

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
Don't feel too bad about the 4 door civic man...they're only 2322 lbs with every friggin option honda had to offer. Most EF (88-91) DX or LX civics have a fuel injection conversion if they're racing, so it's 110-115hp in a featherweight with good gearing. Throw in a cheap swap and you're looking at 130+hp.

Try a 3rd gear pull, that's where the honda L3 tran's zippy gearing runs out. 60mph roll. 40mph will still be the death of ya...that's right in 2nd gear's power band.

My first MK3 was a NA 5spd HT, and i agree with shaeff about the acis.

The ACIS gives the NA a little power boost up top.

-SM's resident civic moron :biglaugh:

TRACKMKIII

Banned
Feb 17, 2006
Atlanta,GA
Man you should not be loosing to civics!! Even before I did my rebuild I could easliy run with civics and from a roll it shouldn't even be a contest. If I were you I would give the car a good tune-up maybe advance the timing a few degrees and go Civic hunting!! Good luck!!

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
So what if it makes 30 more horsepower. It makes like 90 more ft pounds of torque. You people and your horsepower need tog et your heads out of your asses and see what really makes a difference.

Go look up Toruqe in the dictionary.

BTW. I took another civic this morning. Owned

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
boost PSSH boost said:
The ACIS gives the NA a little power boost up top.
-SM's resident civic moron :biglaugh:

Like over 4k rpm?? When I hit 4k, it seems like it starts moving, before that, kinda shitti I think...:nono:

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
TRACKMKIII said:
Man you should not be loosing to civics!! Even before I did my rebuild I could easliy run with civics and from a roll it shouldn't even be a contest. If I were you I would give the car a good tune-up maybe advance the timing a few degrees and go Civic hunting!! Good luck!!

wheres your dyno sheet?

SublimeSupra

Dreams of the Touge
Jan 17, 2006
Largo,Fl
My nissan parts truck will out run a civic haha.Go nissan hard body!But really put a ct26 on that and run it on the N/A and smoke em.

00Si87Supra

Aug 4, 2006
Lafayette Louisiana
I know this is my first post but I thought I'd take up for the civic's...I have a 2000 SI, stock as can be except for I/H/E. I've beat every NA MKIII that's messed with me..From a stop and a roll. Now it gets fiffy with STOCK turbo MKIII's. When my friend had my 88, He would beat me from a stop, but he wouldn't leave me from a roll..That all changed when he died in a wreck. I bought the car and within two weeks I got tired of the stock boost pressure. Upped it to ten and well lets just say I had the fastest MKIII in Lafayette until a 1JZ appeared.