i need help asap

allen600

Aug 6, 2010
oakdale
i swapped a 89 7mgte into my 89 na chassis and it dont run right, it idles perfect but the second i touch the throttle it chugs and wants to die i dont know wehats wrong, someone help!

allen600

Aug 6, 2010
oakdale
really? it doesnt even read boost on my boost gauge, how can i check my piping? just look at it? or is there a wasy i can preasureize my system?

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Think about this a little bit. How does air get into your motor? It comes through the filter, the AFM, and straight into the turbo. It must then pass through the entire intercooler piping before it feeds into the throttle body. If your AFM senses a certain amount of air, and half of that escapes before reaching the throttle body, You will have way too much fuel for the remaining air, causing a flooding effect.

Cracks in IC piping can be hard to see. Do a search on a boost leak detector. You can build one for $7-8 and pressurize the system with a compressor.

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
i am guessin you swapped harness and ecu as well correct? if not then your problem may be in the afm conversion not bein read by ecu. I would check for codes as well as checking leaks. please list all that you swapped

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
The car should be drivable...even with IC piping loose right? Just under boost it would start bucking/cutting out etc.

After researching the ECU thing, I would also look into Fuel/Spark/Air....is the fuel filter plugged? Spark plugs look okay? Are your coil packs/wires good?