I miss the good old days

91TurboDave

Suprafile
Nov 8, 2007
Washington
Bring back SM!!!, down with FB!!!!, most of those guys wouldn't know a MK-III if it fell on them and wiggled... I love this forum, I asked FB a recommended adjusted duty cycle question about my injectors and I got the digital version of a Deer-In -the -Headlights. SM FTW

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
I used to log on daily and post quite a bit, but ever since the "new post" category has been flooded with SM News posts I've gotten really sick of sifting through 7+ pages of new posts when in reality there's about 3 or 4 pages of actual user content. I still get my Supra fill through FB

Wayne G.

87Turbo 5sp Targa
Apr 19, 2005
Gainesville,Ga.
I do not know everyone's story but I can say that I ceased work on my 87 turbo 3 yrs. ago due to economics. After experiencing job loss and not being able to find employment with pay at the same level the car was put on hold, I have gone between selling the parts I accumulated to holding the car till I can start on it again. It is a shame as I have accumulated a good amount of "New" factory parts that are no longer available. After the job loss the house with a garage the car now sits in a storage unit along with the parts. Oh well we will see how this year goes.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
CyFi6;2040373 said:
I used to log on daily and post quite a bit, but ever since the "new post" category has been flooded with SM News posts I've gotten really sick of sifting through 7+ pages of new posts when in reality there's about 3 or 4 pages of actual user content. I still get my Supra fill through FB
That bothers me as well. I've been meaning to write something that allows you to filter out the bot posts if you want, but I've been too damn busy.

YotaCrawler

Nov 17, 2012
Yuma AZ
I'm still pretty new to the supra community compared to you guys, and I've sold a lot thru the FB groups, but the big whigs rarely ever post there. After a long sit at home tonight, i realized how much i truly loathe the mongoloids that frequent those pages, and dumped them entirely. Half the time i posted there, it was a link referencing an SM or SF thread anyway in response to a pleb asking a google level question.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
CyFi6;2040373 said:

Yes, this. I have kinda trained my eyes to just ignore the news posts, but this means I miss it when someone posts in a sticky as well.

GrimJack;2040464 said:
That bothers me as well. I've been meaning to write something that allows you to filter out the bot posts if you want, but I've been too damn busy.

If you would be able to find a way to circumvent seeing all of the news bot posts that would be great.

YotaCrawler;2040478 said:
I'm still pretty new to the supra community compared to you guys, and I've sold a lot thru the FB groups, but the big whigs rarely ever post there. After a long sit at home tonight, i realized how much i truly loathe the mongoloids that frequent those pages, and dumped them entirely. Half the time i posted there, it was a link referencing an SM or SF thread anyway in response to a pleb asking a google level question.

There used to be a lot more stuff for sale on here that I was interested in compared to now. I guess more people are selling stuff on facebook and I didn't realize it since I don't do facebook.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
I have not posted on here in a while because I have not done anything much to my Supra but this forum is filled truly amazing people and tons of good information. When I first had my Turbo Supra so many people on here helped me out with finding parts, sharing their knowledge, meeting up with the locals here in the Chicago land area and even with me selling parts on here I was able to do what I wanted with my Supra at the time which was to have good reliable Turbo Supra. I also never had a fb and don't plan on having one.

MkIII FTW

Aug 31, 2009
Huntsville
I find it interesting that this is my first time back on the forum in what seems to be an eternity and this is the very first post I see haha. Honestly after my car got hit late last year, a lot of other things started happening so I've been taking care of some other affairs. I still drive my supra but it started becoming more of that daily driver and not the car I was completely enamored with. Well today I found myself taking a step back and looking at the car long and hard. I gotta say this was the first time in months that I remembered why I bought the car in the first place. So basically I kinda got hit by the supra bug all over again. What makes this even weirder is my father called earlier telling me that he got a tip on the location of another mk3 for sale that he's going to check. If all goes well this will be my 5th. Some things never change..... With all of that being said maybe less people with silly/ignorant post will be good for the change of atmosphere.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
CyFi6;2040373 said:

So, I figured out a quick hack for you. If you use this URL to access the new posts, it will filter the news forum out of the results:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=154&contenttype=vBForum_Post

Personally, I copied this URL and changed my SM bookmark to point to it. No more newsbot posts! Much easier than murdering the damn header template on all our styles.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
GrimJack;2041024 said:
So, I figured out a quick hack for you. If you use this URL to access the new posts, it will filter the news forum out of the results:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=154&contenttype=vBForum_Post

Personally, I copied this URL and changed my SM bookmark to point to it. No more newsbot posts! Much easier than murdering the damn header template on all our styles.

Wow, this is fantastic. The next step is to kill off the newsbot entirely. :D

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com

MkIII FTW

Aug 31, 2009
Huntsville

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
So, Jeff took it even a step further. He's rebuilt the New Posts link so it excludes the bot everywhere. Also, you can click the numbers, and choose to see all new posts, or just the non-bot-news items.

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
I think all forums are slowing down because of FACEBOOK. I've never had or ever will have a Facebook account!!!~

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
wait.. there is a Supra FB filled with Delta Bravos and other CB's?

facebook.. nuff said. Never been on it. I do lurk around here and SF still. that is as far as my Supra involvement goes now a days.

Hi Grim and IJ. :)