I fed up with this Walbro. What would you say about Bosch 044 in tank?

Korg77

Mar 31, 2005
Moscow
This is the second Walbro f/pump is out of order in a short time. Why have the fuel tank of large volume, if the pump requires f/tank filled to 2/3 as a minimum?
The seller assures me that he has no complaints on the quality of its products from other customers.
As there is no Sard f/p in local stores, and i have no time to wait it from an international store, because summer in Siberia too short i decide to install new Bosch 044 f/p i have already. I was planning to build anoter car for drift with an additional fuel tank and the bosch pump has remained unused.

This is an external pump, but I have heard that it is also possible to put it in the tank. I believe that the construction of pump mounting can be altered by this pump.
The only thing I do not give rest, that's what I've heard that Bosch is working very noisy. Someone told me that I will not even hear the roar of the exhaust pipe of the noise Bosch.

Last edited:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
044's are a bit of a coffee grinder, yes it can be used in tank.

Just need to add one of these>>

BFP-PF1.jpg

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
It's a bit loud, but I can only hear mine at idle, and it's not mounted in the tank even. Mine is mounted under the driver side rear seat, on the bottom of the car. As soon as I push on the throttle, the engine / exhaust is FAR louder than the bosch.

My tuner thinks he can stage the pump and that will make it inaudible even at idle.

Korg77

Mar 31, 2005
Moscow
IJ.;1748100 said:
044's are a bit of a coffee grinder, yes it can be used in tank.

Just need to add one of these>>

IJ, my the 044 i have a little different. It has inlet tube with a notch. I'm planning to use short rubber hose from inlet pipe to the filter net

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

GrimJack;1748105 said:
It's a bit loud, but I can only hear mine at idle, and it's not mounted in the tank even. Mine is mounted under the driver side rear seat, on the bottom of the car. As soon as I push on the throttle, the engine / exhaust is FAR louder than the bosch.

My tuner thinks he can stage the pump and that will make it inaudible even at idle.

Do you mean he's going to make a device which reduces voltage on the pump at idle? (the same thing like in JZA80)

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
Korg77;1748097 said:
In this case, I also have to wait long. But a good option for future replacement.

I dont understand what you mean? Summitracing or Jegs ships next day...errr monday anyway.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Scratch that. Didnt realize where you live. Sorry about that. haha.

Korg77

Mar 31, 2005
Moscow
airhead04;1748111 said:
I dont understand what you mean? Summitracing or Jegs ships next day...errr monday anyway.

...and let me introduce you a Russian customs, which will inspect the goods within a week, and also Russian mail, which will deliver this pump for 3 weeks. Or, more likely to lose a parcel. Because Mr. Putin still can not allow third-party fast shipping companies to work with the customs mailings.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
wonder if your speed shop is selling knock off f/p's? I've had one for 3+ years and always ran it down until 1/8th of a tank before refueling.

Korg77

Mar 31, 2005
Moscow
grimreaper;1748119 said:
wonder if your speed shop is selling knock off f/p's? I've had one for 3+ years and always ran it down until 1/8th of a tank before refueling.

Perhaps there was another reason for the failure. I'm also going to replace the fuel fine filter. He was a third-party, and may create excessive resistance to flow. At least I want to believe it.
However, at this point I do not want to do unnecessary waste of money and be limited to those that have.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
I've heard great things about the aeromotive intank 340 stealth and I know ford runs them in there performance new mustangs like the cobra stock.I'm going to run a dual set up.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Sounds like you have something else going on, I've been running a HP Walbro for 4-5 years now at 3 bar base FP without any issue to speak of.

The Bosch will burn out if you run it dry just like anything else, there are different versions but every race car I've seen run them submerged.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
mkIIIman089;1748273 said:
Sounds like you have something else going on, I've been running a HP Walbro for 4-5 years now at 3 bar base FP without any issue to speak of.

The Bosch will burn out if you run it dry just like anything else, there are different versions but every race car I've seen run them submerged.
How does that work out when they're mounted externally?? ;)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
mkIIIman089;1748332 said:
...when the tank is empty, the tank is empty. Whether the pump is inside it or not.

If the tank is empty the engine stops and so does the pump...

The whole "Pump will overheat and die if you run it below xx" is BS, the only "danger" when fuel is low is if you uncover the pickup and lean out the engine..

Just another of those old wives tales that refuses to die..

chris_2jz

Feb 17, 2009
tampa
grimreaper;1748119 said:

I hate to admit it but I also run till E with my walbro and I'm not having any issues.... As of right now

Sent from my Galaxy S phone

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Okay, in street cars stock configuration they shut off when the engine stops, and I never said if you run it below xx the pump will die. I routinely bury the needle past E and like I said have never had any issue even losing FP, much less burning out my Walbro.

The pump will burn out in short order if its running dry though, no question about it.