Hyundai Genesis.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
If they all looked like the HKS version they would be awesome and probably have no problem selling.

The 4 cyl version is actually a Mitsubishi 4B11..Same motor that comes in the EVO X probably with slight differences. Mainly they're a RWD configuration.

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
it sucks for hyundai and kia there quality got good a little too late. im also weary about hyundais even though im sure they are a good car now.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
If that 4cyc turbo is a Mitsu Evo motor, it's going to be a very fun car to modify. (300rwhp easy, and there will some some poking around with 400+ out there in a few years.)

The 3.8 V6 is not a bad engine either. (It is the same basic engine that's in my wife's Sedona van, and it works great. Plenty of power off the line, and it has been trouble free for 26k now. Just oil changes. The dealer has been awesome to work with. (We have had to replace the stereo 2x, and now this one is not ejecting CD's all the time..)

BTW, the Sedona van? It has one of the best crash ratings in the that catagory both from the IIHS, and the Government ratings.

I've test driven the Genesis sedan with the 3.8 V6. It was the model with the upgraded wheels and tires, and a very nice car, at a very good new price. They did not have the V8 at that time, or I would have driven it.

I have owned used large luxury sedans for about the past 13 years. Infinity Q45's. A 90 and 94. The prices on the used A8's came down enough that I bought a 98 4 years ago, and have put about 45k on it. Very fun car, and I liked the AWD so much, and the alloy body, handling and other traits of this car, that I just bought a used 04 A8L. Hey, it had less than 14k on the odom, and has a CPO 2 year/100k warrenty on it, so it's like a new car for me. :)

98 A8 for sale. (136k miles, 300hp V8, leather and all the goodies.)
88 Supra Turbo for sale. (3.24L stroker, 5spd and T70. Should be 600rwhp possible.)
06 Yamaha FZ1 for sale. (Just your basic upgrades for about 140rwhp.)

Time to clean out the car collection for awhile. (Bummer.)