Hyundai Genesis.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
Here's a lot of information I found on the Genesis, and some pictures I found as well. What do you guys think of the new Genesis?

"While some turbochargers sacrifice smooth drivability with high operating boost pressures in the 20 psi range, Genesis Coupe uses a refined, low-boost calibration for smoothness and efficiency," said Derek Joyce, Genesis Coupe product manager. "We could have opted solely for big performance numbers, but our focus for the 2.0T was a more balanced package."

GENESIS COUPE PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS
With the start of U.S. market production now just a few months away, Hyundai Motor America is releasing model configuration and color choices for the 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe.

"Genesis sedan has set a new benchmark for the $35,000-$40,000 premium sedan, and we think Genesis Coupe will do the same in the sport coupe segment," Krafcik said. "From our 30-mpg 2.0T with its low-pressure intercooled 4-cylinder turbo, to the 3.8 Track model with an estimated 310-hp and Brembo braking system, Genesis Coupe offers a wide range of powertrain and performance choices for driving enthusiasts of all stripes."

There are seven basic Genesis Coupe configurations:
- 2.0T
- 2.0T Premium
- 2.0T Track (6-speed manual transmission only)
- 2.0T R-Spec (late availability, 6-speed manual transmission only)
- 3.8 Grand Touring
- 3.8 Track

GENESIS COUPE 2.0T: A MORE EFFICIENT TAKE ON THE REAR-WHEEL DRIVE SPORT COUPE
Standard equipment includes:
- 2.0-liter, low-pressure, turbocharged, intercooled 4-cylinder engine with dual continuously variable valve timing delivering an estimated 210-hp (regular), estimated 220 hp (premium), an estimated 223 ft-lbs of torque (at just 2,000 rpm), an estimated 30 mpg EPA highway rating and an estimated top speed of 137 mph
- M6VR1 6-speed manual transmission (Optional: A5SR1 5-speed electronic automatic transmission with lockup torque converter and steering wheel-mounted paddle-shift Shiftronic controls)
- 18-inch Euroflange alloy wheels with staggered Bridgestone Potenza RE92A tires (P225/45VR18 front, P245/45VR18 rear)
- Electronic Stability Control with ABS, Electronic Brake-Force Distribution and Brake Assist
- 12.6-inch ventilated front rotors with 60mm single piston floating caliper
- 12.4-inch solid rear rotors with 43mm single piston floating caliper
- Sport-tuned MacPherson strut dual-link front suspension and five-link rear independent suspension, 24mm front stabilizer bar, 19mm rear stabilizer bar
- Strut brace
- Quick-ratio hydraulic steering (2.7 turns lock-to-lock)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Front, side, side air curtain air bags
- Active front head restraints
- Driver’s lumbar support
- Black-out front lower fascia
- Trip computer
- Air conditioning
- Satin silver and chrome interior accents
- Keyless entry system
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
- Power windows (one-touch up and down), door locks and mirrors
- AM/FM/XM/CD audio system with six speakers
- USB/iPod/Aux jack connectivity
- Steering wheel audio controls
- Cruise control
- Projector beam headlamps with auto light control
- Integrated Bluetooth including steering wheel controls
- Temporary spare with steel wheel (T135/90D17)

The 2.0T Premium model adds or substitutes:
- Power driver seat
- 360-watt AM/FM/XM/CD-changer Infinity premium audio system with 10 speakers including DVC subwoofer, eight-channel external amplifier, and diversity antenna
- Smart Key with push-button start
- Electrochromic mirror with HomeLink and compass
- Sunroof
- Navigation system (mid-year availability)

The factory-tuned 2.0T Track model builds from the 2.0T Premium, adding/substituting:
- 19-inch Euroflange gunmetal finish alloy wheels with staggered high-performance summer-compound Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tires (P225/40YR19 front, P245/40YR19 rear)
- Unique Brembo braking system with 13.4-inch ventilated front rotors, 42mm four-piston fixed front calipers (red), 13.0-inch ventilated rear rotors, 32mm+28mm four-piston fixed rear calipers (red)
- Unique track-tuned suspension, higher-rate coil springs, higher-control shock absorbers, 25mm front stabilizer bar, 22mm rear stabilizer bar, strut brace
- Torsen-type limited-slip differential
- Black leather bolster seats with high-friction red cloth insert
- Aluminum pedals
- Aero windshield wipers
- Rear spoiler
- Xenon HID headlamps
- Fog lamps
- Lightweight temporary spare with aluminum wheel (T135/80D18)
- Note: Automatic transmission not available with 2.0T Track

Later in the model year, a tuner-focused performance model, R-Spec, will arrive at Hyundai dealerships. Genesis Coupe R-Spec is meant to be the ultimate upgradeable, affordable, turbocharged rear-wheel drive performance platform. R-Spec equipment includes:
- 2.0-liter low-pressure turbocharged intercooled four-cylinder engine with dual continuously variable valve timing delivering an estimated 210-hp (regular), estimated 220-hp (premium), an estimated 30 mpg EPA highway rating and an estimated top speed of 137 mph
- 6-speed manual transmission
- Electronic Stability Control with ABS, Electronic Brake-Force Distribution and Brake Assist
- 19-inch Euroflange gunmetal finish alloy wheels with staggered high-performance summer-compound Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tires (P225/40YR19 front, P245/40YR19 rear)
- Brembo braking system with 13.4-inch ventilated front rotors, 42mm four-piston fixed front calipers (red), 13.0-inch ventilated rear rotors, 32mm+28mm four-piston fixed rear calipers (red)
- Track model suspension tuning (higher-rate coil springs, higher-control shock absorbers, 25mm front stabilizer bar, 22mm rear stabilizer bar, strut brace)
- Quick-ratio hydraulic steering (2.7 turns lock-to-lock)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Front, side, side air curtain air bags
- Active front head restraints
- Driver’s lumbar support
- Air conditioning
- Keyless entry system
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
- Power windows (one-touch up and down), door locks and mirrors
- AM/FM/XM/CD audio system with six speakers
- USB/iPod/Aux jack connectivity
- Projector beam headlamps
- Note: Automatic transmission not available with R-Spec

GENESIS 3.8: 310 HORSEPOWER AND STANDARD LEATHER INTERIOR – A NEW BENCHMARK FOR PERFORMANCE AND REFINEMENT IN ITS CLASS
Standard equipment includes 2.0T equipment, and adds or substitutes:
- 3.8L DOHC V6 engine with dual continuously variable valve timing delivering an estimated 306-hp (regular), 310-hp (premium), and a top speed of 149 mph
- M6VR2 6-speed manual transmission (Optional: ZF 6HP19 6-speed electronic automatic with lockup torque converter and steering wheel-mounted paddle-shift Shiftronic controls)
- Black leather seats
- Fully automatic temperature control
- Premium door sill plates
- Chrome front fascia accents

In addition to 3.8 equipment, the 3.8 Grand Touring adds or substitutes:
- Unique brown leather seat interior environment
- Power driver seat
- Heated driver and passenger seat
- 360-watt AM/FM/XM/CD-changer Infinity premium audio system with 10 speakers including DVC subwoofer, eight-channel external amplifier, and diversity antenna
- Smart Key with push-button start
- Xenon HID headlamps
- Electrochromic mirror with HomeLink and compass
- Heated mirrors with outside turn signal indicators
- Backup warning system
- Sunroof

The factory-tuned 3.8 Track model deletes backup warning system and chrome front fascia accents from the Grand Touring model, and adds or substitutes:
- Black leather seats
- Unique Brembo braking system with 13.4-inch ventilated front rotors, 42mm four-piston fixed front calipers (red), 13.0-inch ventilated rear rotors, 32mm+28mm four-piston fixed rear calipers (red)
- Unique track-tuned suspension, higher-rate coil springs, higher-control shock absorbers, 25mm front stabilizer bar, 22mm rear stabilizer bar, strut brace
- Aluminum pedals
- Aero windshield wipers
- Rear spoiler
- Black-out front lower fascia
- Xenon HID headlamps
- Fog lamps

Genesis Coupe will be available in nine exterior colors:
- Karussell White
- Bathurst Black
- Silverstone
- Nordschleife Gray
- Acqua Minerale Blue
- Tsukuba Red
- Mirabeau Blue
- Lime Rock Green
- Interlagos Yellow

Genesis Coupe features four different interior themes:
- Black environment, premium black cloth seats (2.0T, 2.0T Premium, R-Spec)
- Black environment, black leather-bolstered seats with high-friction red cloth insert (2.0T Track)
- Black environment, black leather seats (3.8, 3.8 Track)
- Black environment, saddle brown leather seats (3.8 Grand Touring)

Some pictures:

10_hyungencpe_1280_002.jpg

10_hyungencpe_1280_008.jpg

10_hyungencpe_1280_011.jpg

10_hyungencpe_1280_005.jpg

10_hyungencpe_1280_007.jpg

genesiscoupe_416.jpg

There were some other pictures of the car (modified) but I didn't feel like putting them up.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
yes it is, but im still wary of driving a hyundai even though it looks like these guys hit the tuner mark with their genesis.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
arizzle;1176334 said:
i still wouldnt own one, its based on the tiburon chassis which weren't that great looking of a car.

yeah it replaced the tiburon didn't it?

i have a few pictures of this car at the philly auto show, maybe i'll post some up later

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Obviously someone in their development team has some brains because its RWD and turbo. I would like to drive it and see its quality.

jm0597

El Mecanico
Jul 4, 2006
New Jersey
It's a new chassis from Hyundai. I believe it is actually a bit bigger then the old Tiburon. I saw the four door at the NYC auto show a couple of years ago. On paper and from 20 feet away the new Genesis series look awesome, but once you're inside the story changes a little. Everything at eye leve looks great, but once you start looking down things start to look cheap fast. That said ... your are paying thousands less than a comparable car and you can't beat the warranty Hyundai is offers.

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
Hmm! ::shrug:: Not a big fan of how it looks. I must say though Hyundai has come a long way from the pony! :icon_bigg

gtimportfanatic

Mk3 Addict
May 21, 2008
Hartford CT
what u guys need to ask urself is.. when was the last time was there a rwd turbo 4-cyl import for america? .. what.. the sw20? .. yeah.. its about time.. and i give hyundai pure props for being the ones to do this.. i am seriosuly considering a test drive on one of these things when they drop.. im looking to get a new car anyways

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
car show in philly i was at

Attachments

• genesis2.JPG
    genesis2.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 18
  • genesis3.JPG
    genesis3.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 10
  • genesis4.JPG
    genesis4.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 9
  • genesis5.JPG
    genesis5.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 9

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Not a fan... A Tiburon on roids...

All Tiburon drivers are wankers, so I can safely assume that the Genesis drivers will be Super-wankers.

Yuck.

Yblegal91t

it finally runs!
Apr 22, 2006
C1 outer
i like it. but theres something about the middle of the front bumper that says elantra. ewww. it makes the car look awkward also

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
Not really feeling the looks, nor that it's a Hyundai. But it says it's been tuned conservatively. I wonder what one could achieve by simply turning up the boost and flashing the ECU to compensate? Perhaps they only detuned it so it wouldn't be as powerful as the more "upscale" V6?

I have owned many hyundais in the past. they are the worst make ever.

First Elantra - needed to rebuild tranny at 40k. Engine died at 110k.
Second Elantra - Engine died at 50 miles (drove home from dealer rod knocked - warranty return)
Third Elantra - Ran shitty since purchasing just turned in at 70k for a bmw 325i
Current DD 02 accent -40k Miles on it, needed a rebuild on the tranny, exhast rusted out, and broken HVAC unit.

The genesis is a luxurious POS in my opinion.

This is just based off of prior hyundai's I have owned. not the actual genesis, but it is a known fact that Hyundai steals designs from other car companies and does not actual RnD them.