Hyundai Genesis.

kabanimk3supra

kabanimk3supra
Apr 11, 2007
oklahoma
these cars a mechanically great, carry a nice warranty, but god be with you if you have an accident.

kia and hyundai use the same manufacturer for body parts, and they are fucking weak.

my brother hit a raccoon on the highway in his 07' spectra, it's so weak that is mangled the radiator support, cracked a headlight, and busted the radiator.

although they look nice, they are very unsafe.

kabanimk3supra;1201674 said:
these cars a mechanically great, carry a nice warranty, but god be with you if you have an accident.

kia and hyundai use the same manufacturer for body parts, and they are fucking weak.

my brother hit a raccoon on the highway in his 07' spectra, it's so weak that is mangled the radiator support, cracked a headlight, and busted the radiator.

although they look nice, they are very unsafe.

I completely disagree.

I was in an accident about 40mph head on collision in the Elantra. The car obviously was totaled, but my mother and i were completely untouched. Not 1 scrape or bruise.

Mechanically is where they are unsound. My family has owned tons due to the cheap price and supposed good warranty. Their warranty is BS as well.

chopstickz

Dec 3, 2005
SoCal
things are supposed to bend in a car during an accident. (certain parts that is) to absorb the impact... But a damn raccoon?

kabanimk3supra

kabanimk3supra
Apr 11, 2007
oklahoma
JMofIRW;1201685 said:
I completely disagree.

I was in an accident about 40mph head on collision in the Elantra. The car obviously was totaled, but my mother and i were completely untouched. Not 1 scrape or bruise.

Mechanically is where they are unsound. My family has owned tons due to the cheap price and supposed good warranty. Their warranty is BS as well.

none of my kia's have had more than 40k miles. also, I think kias are better than hyundais mechanically.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
I like it. Looks like Hyundai is trying to get in on the RWD sports coupe market and maybe perhaps the drift scene. Its nice to see some competition for the 350z. If its reliable then I think it'll be a hit. Hyundai has really stepped up their quality these past few years and I think this was a great move on their part and I wont be surprised if it's an instant success.

And as much as you think they are unsafe...They had to pass US crash tests before being released, so im guessing they're fine.

Have you seen the HKS Genesis yet?
http://www.hksusa.com/info/?id=3634
:love:
I'd take one in a heartbeat.

jester1341

topless and blown
Mar 30, 2005
Western Maryland
i'm with whtma71, i'm certain they took the tests, past the tests, and have a comercial ranting about getting five stars on everything[like everyone else]

but the way i see it this is their attempt at a sports car.... every auto maker at one point does it. back in the 60's it was all about muscle so foriegn auto makers could jump right in.....would you guys love toyota if they came to america with only the yaris, the the corolla[and hybrid], and the camry[and hybrid].....or nissan had the verrsa and.....blah blah

i'm not gonna go on, but my point is a butload of cheap, fuel efficent cars in this market is a great way to gain capitol[and a fan base......if they have one....heh] to build that prototype in the back room.

every company gets to hit one out of the park right???

john

Justin727

T-virus infected
Although I am not a big fan of their cars because earlier models were cheap fall to pieces within a year type of cars.

I must say since 06 they have stepped up in qaulity, luxury, and reliability. I have noticed that their shop stays empty most of the time besides oil changes and services. Not much recall work or warranty work. They are better then Nissan's in my opinion and kia is slowly catching up although parts do interchange. They have won alot of JD Power and associates awards since then because of it.

I would buy one of these but not in the market for one right now. I am currently in the market for a mk4. Sorry but that side is calling for me now.

bsupra

Oct 1, 2006
California
I owe a 2003 tiburon sprts package. No complaints here. Been the most reliable car Ive ever had. Probabaly the previous years they do suck but some people do start from scratch. The only problem is I keep hearing shit from kids that own hondas and mazda3's. Anyway, dont give a crap from what they say.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
One of the shows on Speed did a review of the sedan. It compares very well to most of the European cars in it's class in handling and performance it seems.

The sedan comes with a nice V8...they need to put it in the Coupe...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Hmmm... the more I look at it the more I like it. Looks good in black.

I'll never understand why they show cars off in silver...