ht da apx supra mkiii owner

roadboy

Supra Owner
Jan 22, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
hey, just looking at supra pictures and i found one that seems very very interesting, especially the stance.
if anyone knows whos it is, please reply, thanks

sorry if this is the wrong place to start a new thread

542462_10151765299165321_632600320_23943482_176727714_n.jpg

Compton74

Oct 8, 2008
Long Beach
god i love that car so much more drooling
p1844871_1.jpg

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
TrqMnstr;1845354 said:
Its drift style guys. Not everything is about drag racing style. Style is what sets cars apart.

I know that its drift style, but there are WAY better styles then this. NO DISRESPECT but I hate it when people mess up the look of a MK3.

Last edited:

Compton74

Oct 8, 2008
Long Beach
i love every thing about that car. Just remember everybody does different things to their cars, just because he's doing what he wants doesn't mean he's messing up the look of the mk3.

ifyouaint1sturlast

Banned Scammer - I'm whitemike.
Jun 14, 2011
Fort Myers/Cape Coral - Florida
I just don't get how that looks good. It makes the fenders look cheap, the car looks like it just took one in the butt with its bowlegged stance, and you're riding on the rim of your rim with that way-off offset. To me and those I know, it looks very feminine.

To me, style is nailing all of those aspects perfectly. Correct sidewall, correct offset, correct wheel diameter, correct ride height.. because getting them all correct is more difficult than getting them all wrong on purpose.

But, to each their own.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
mjsn1;1845367 said:
I know that its drift style, but there are WAY better styles then this. NO DISRESPECT but I hate it when people mess up the look of a MK3.

I'm not a fan of drift style although i do like the looks of certain cars... But those are just opinions. If the owner liked the look enough to do it just leave it be. He could say the same about my car your car or anyone's car that he doesn't like the look of it. Its just a matter of opinion and personal preference.

phatbimmer

Toyota Technician
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago, IL
www.funpedia.org
Yeh I don't like how much camber he has going on and how slammed he is but its not that bad. I just don't know how he gets around in chicago, I've been down and up and my car is a bit dropped and I scrape my exhaust most of the time. But other then that its really not that bad.

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
If it wasn't for the camber, I would be fine with it. But running that much camber reduces traction a lot. This means poor handling, acceleration, and braking. This is almost asking for an accident, and it puts the driver and others around him at risk. I have no problem with form over function. I have a problem with form over safety.
-AM3

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
Compton74;1845573 said:
if you really look at the picture, his fitment is perfect, he has to use camber to get it there but to each his own

^really, because when I look at it the bottoms are sticking out past the widest part of the body, by a good inch,
so if they were square/perpendicular they would be sticking out at least 1/2 inch.. ie; not perfect...

I never understood the fan boy mad camber appeal... especially on nice tires or rims...

TrqMnstr

HKS Whore!!!
Oct 31, 2005
Los Angeles, California, United States
#04;1845646 said:
^really, because when I look at it the bottoms are sticking out past the widest part of the body, by a good inch,
so if they were square/perpendicular they would be sticking out at least 1/2 inch.. ie; not perfect...

I never understood the fan boy mad camber appeal... especially on nice tires or rims...

That's the whole point. I'm not defending it, but I can see what they are aiming for and I can appreciate there efforts while keeping my opinions to my self. I find it funny how the small MKIII community is very apprehensive towards others attempts at different styles. Yea the wheels will poke out if the ride height were normal but the point is to get the widest rim you can with aggressive offset. But you knew that already right???