Howto: 89+ ECU HAC mod

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I should have come back and edited this thread, too - mine has been running for several months now with this mod, and it works fine - many thanks to Dave for the roadmap!

I may be the second guy to ask him how he did it, but most of that was due to it being rather tough to figure out who he was, or at least find an email address.

That offer for dinner still stands - if I ever manage to make it down south, or you manage to make it to Vancouver BC, I'm buying.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
crap, i didnt even know about this mod. nor that i had an internal HAC sensor in my ecu.

what are the consequences of me not doing this to my 89+ ecu, and what are the benefits of it.

im still learnding super nintendo chalmers.

Daves2JZGTE

Formerly Daves7MGTE
Feb 18, 2007
CA
http://www.fullthrottletech.com/showthread.php?t=832

I told everyone that I fixed it. No one seemed to care. Maft pro or maft needs this mod if you have an 89+ ecu. If you don’t do this your ecu will get a corrected signal from the maft/pro only to have the ecu correct it again.

Lets say the maft/pro tells the ecu +1 is right. Then the ecu takes the +1 not knowing its +1 and adds +1 to that so now your @ +2 over correcting the single buy 1. Cutting out the ecu Hac you remove the redundant correction for altitude or whether change.

Hope that helped

If i can i will take you up on that dinner

SLO-MK3

Not on the 1jz bandwagon
Nov 4, 2006
Plumas Lake, CA
Damn Grim, that sure is a tight squeeze to cut that trace. What did you use? I don't think I have anything small enough to fit in there.

boltz

Jun 17, 2005
Van
I have done testing on this mod myself and it seems to function

Car runs fine with HAC mod wires looped
Car runs fine maft pro hooked up to the proper wire
car wont run after warm up with Mod wires un looped and not connected to T-Pro.

ECU throws HAC code un looped with no MAFT input
ECU has no HAC code when wires looped.
ECU has HAC code with maft pro signal hooked up, but no issues running the car.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
the HAC code (along w/the IAT code) w/the MAFT pro properly connected has to do with how fast the ECU checks for each on key on. a clever way around it would be to wire the MAFT pro to ACC and pause w/the key @ acc for 1 sec or so.