How would you spend/not spend your money?

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
donate to the: Savannahashlee medical treatment fund...since my insurance are a bunch of fucktards...they wont cover my treatment here, but if i move 60 miles north, they will

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
savannahashlee;1255691 said:
donate to the: Savannahashlee medical treatment fund...since my insurance are a bunch of fucktards...they wont cover my treatment here, but if i move 60 miles north, they will

I'd donate to getting your name shortened ;)

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Guns and ammo.

27 states are in some way re-affirming their sovereignty. 34 of the states could band together and call a National Convention to completely rebuild the Federal Government. If the Feds say no, there could be bloodshed before it's all settled.

Then, I'd get some land in Wyoming, build a house there, move and rent my current place out :)

Anicrow

Jul 25, 2007
Colorado
redesign and refurnish my house/kitchen to be a little dream land of entertainment.

Buy land, build a private track.

Savings account + Interest + some investments = A very fun relaxing 10 years.

Anth505

Failte
Apr 8, 2007
Toronto Ontario
BUY REAL ESTATE!!!! Seriously. Think about this...there are many many people who have just up and left their homes, mortgages etc. behind but they still need a place to live. What are they going to do? Rent. Well, most of them anyway.

Buy as many rental properties as you can get your hands on. If you do it right, the property will provide you with a profit on a monthly basis. Increase amount of units...increase profit. Then you can take the profit from your properties and buy whatever you like.

At the end of the day, your properties are building equity, and when refinance time comes around, guess what...EVEN MOAR money in your pocket. There hasn't been a better opportunity to get into the real estate game in my lifetime (I'm 29) and those who get into it now will reap the rewards later when the market recovers and everyone scrambles to try to get a piece of the pie before it gets eaten up.

More millionaires are made in a down economy than at any other time. Not sure who said that...so I can't quote, but it's true. If renting residential isn't your thing, go for commercial or industrial.

Someone said in an earlier post that land doesn't depreciate..which is not true. Land will however always hold some value...unless it's been part of a nuclear meltdown....and even then...maybe? Simply put, land doesn't generally depreciate but it generally doesn't pay you back either unless it's rented out to a farmer.

Bricks and Mortar FTMFW

PS...was just thinking... Here in Canada we refinance our mortgages several times during it's amortization period, but I remember someone telling me that in the States, your mortgage is set for the full amortization period and there is no option to refinance...is that true?

Last edited:

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
Doward;1255971 said:
Guns and ammo.

27 states are in some way re-affirming their sovereignty. 34 of the states could band together and call a National Convention to completely rebuild the Federal Government. If the Feds say no, there could be bloodshed before it's all settled.

Then, I'd get some land in Wyoming, build a house there, move and rent my current place out :)

Keep away from Wyoming. You wont like it here, its to windy. Everyone here has been forgot about, so while the country goes through hell and blows themselves up, Wyoming will be left standing as the state no one remembers. Haha.

If it were me, I would invest in either property or stocks. They are at such humungeous low right now that you should see a profit no matter what. Just dont rush into it and research the hell out of whatever you put your money into.

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
I'd build a huge road course consisting of all the best corners from all the best tracks in the world in my back yard. And a bunch of Jdm, exotic, and just about any cars that could be fun.