**How to wire a soarer 1JZ into MA70**

iskrem

Oct 1, 2008
Norway, Gardermoen
Does anybody have any idea where the problem is when the fuel pump does not engage when connected like the guide suggest? Is it a broken relay, fuse or something? When I connect the wires directly to 12v the fuel pump activates and works, but when I connect them the way they are suppose to they do not react at all. Any ideas?

87supratoy89

Aug 22, 2009
Warsaw
Does it mean anything if my EB1 plug has 8 wires instead of 7...and what is the difference between all the 1jz motors like soarer and how do i tell what mine is?

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
Read my post?
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1381029&postcount=61

The Blue-Red wire is the traction control ECU the soarers dont have it in some cases where the sc tend to have it more offten.

I am looking into the possibility that ABS systems may still need the power somehow because it looks like some SCs have different types of ABS systems based on if it had traction control or not.

iskrem

Oct 1, 2008
Norway, Gardermoen
I have now wired everything related to ignition and fuel. I have just started on the gauges and wired them accordingly but I get none of them to work at properly. The only thing that I can get to work partially is the tachometer, it shows 500 RPM on idle but when I press the pedal and rev to what hears like 5000-6000 RPM the tachometer displays only 1000-1200 RPM.

Anybody else had any problems with the gauges and know what I am up against? I am thinking maybe it is bad ECU or something, but I have no way to diagnostic what is wrong as I do not know how to proceed after this bump. Anybody please?!

skefro

Aug 5, 2009
Coeur D' Alene ID
I'm working on wiring up a soarer engine into my 87 non turbo. I'm having a problem with the C1 connector. Mine is a yellow plug and has the following wires:

Black with red stripe
Black with orange stripe
Black with yellow stripe
Solid white
White with black stripe

Is this the right connector? Should I just wire up to the top 4 wires and leave the white with black stripe wire alone? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
The traction control TB haves two tps sensors and a stepper motor to shut off a throttle plate causing the engine to bog down when wheels spin.
I dont know for sure but maybe the TPS might have a slightly different resistance not 100%

I am in the proccess of deleteing traction control on a 1UZ its pretty much the same as the JZ because they both where installed on the same chassie SC300/SC400 wise.

I need to delete traction control because for off roading when you hit mud or air I dont want the engine booging off or down when wheels slip very bad.

Mr dude

Apr 10, 2007
Rijssen
www.ricotuning.nl
I used this guid to wire in a soarer jzz30 1jz in my 89'. Most of the wires are correct. But it seems to me that there are still some funtions unused. There are a lot of unused wires on the jzz30 harness.
E.G. what about ABS and A/C? is it working when I finish this?
And I cant find the B2 plug in my old 7m engine harness. It is in the clovebox, but it wasn't connected at the engine harness. I do have a weird wiring, because I have the grey plugs but with the pinouts from the pre <88. So that might be the reason?

ssb360

Feb 13, 2008
Corvallis, Oregon, United States
having trouble with wiring up the M1 plug it says the i need the yellow from the IJ2 and red/blue from IJ1... i looked and looked but my IJ2 dosent have a yellow wire but has a brown/yellow. would trc be part of no wire in the plug of did the color of the wires change with the years like the 7m's did?

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
ssb360;1544243 said:
having trouble with wiring up the M1 plug it says the i need the yellow from the IJ2 and red/blue from IJ1... i looked and looked but my IJ2 dosent have a yellow wire but has a brown/yellow. would trc be part of no wire in the plug of did the color of the wires change with the years like the 7m's did?

I found this thread a little confusing before, if I get a soarer harness ever or someone ends me there's I will do a full write up on what to wire.

Mr dude

Apr 10, 2007
Rijssen
www.ricotuning.nl
ssb360;1544243 said:

I noticed the same fault. It should be the yellow wire from IJ1. I figured out most of the wiring myself because most swap reports are still containing some mistakes/incomplete, and I want everything to work as it should (didn't test it yet though)
But yesterday I found this site http://1jz-gte.webs.com/soarerharnessintoma71.htm (I believe that is your site 92TealSupra?) That is the most complete swap report. Every wire/colour matches :icon_bigg

There's only 1 wire that I'm not sure of where to connect. It's the blue wire from EB1, it says connect to old AC connector. Do I connect that one to the blue wire from C1 (That wire goes to the A/C temp switch)? Or is there another blue AC connector wire?

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Mr dude;1544993 said:
I noticed the same fault. It should be the yellow wire from IJ1. I figured out most of the wiring myself because most swap reports are still containing some mistakes/incomplete, and I want everything to work as it should (didn't test it yet though)
But yesterday I found this site http://1jz-gte.webs.com/soarerharnessintoma71.htm (I believe that is your site 92TealSupra?) That is the most complete swap report. Every wire/colour matches :icon_bigg

There's only 1 wire that I'm not sure of where to connect. It's the blue wire from EB1, it says connect to old AC connector. Do I connect that one to the blue wire from C1 (That wire goes to the A/C temp switch)? Or is there another blue AC connector wire?

I would have to look at it again at it. I didn't have the harness very long to really see that one, I am sure that one I did do though would be correct. If I can get a part number for a jza70 harness I may buy one do a wiring schematic and then just sell it to someone after I am done. I hope to find a part number and maybe in a month or so buy one and do it for everyone.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
On the AC system of my SC400 a lot like the sc300 there is a blue wire for the clutch of the AC
Then there is two wires that go to an AC speed sensor on the pump.
If you car/chassie doesnt read the AC pump speed you do not need to hook these two wires up.

I am surprised how simple it is to wire the 1UZ into the 4runner I Imagine it would be even easier to install in a supra.

I had to modify the engine harness by adding two after cat O2 sensors the harness is normaly wired into the chassie of the sc400
I had to run the wires bolted into the middle of the intake runners around fallowing the injector harness to simplify things, this is the daignostic port 3 water temp sensors 1 ISCV.
I had to add the 4x4 transfer case stuff add 1 clutch speed sensor not hook up the extra line pressure control solenoid but add a load to the ecu for it so it doesnt throw codes.
Drill a hole halfway case in the a340 tranny for the clutch speed sensor 15mm its partialy cast in the tranny i am keeping the 3vz a340 because i dont want to gut it to change tail shaft.

Swap bell housing & pump with center shaft.

Finaly on the wiring the 4runner vs the supra most of the wires get feeds from the glove box only the 4 alternator wires & starter solenoid wire go into the front fuse box area other then the battery/starter ground power wires/cables.

I must say putting a 1UZ or Soarer into a supra is about 10 times easier.

The only hard part for 1UZ supra swaps is connecting a manuel trans to them need adapter kit or custom bellhousing / flywheel / clutch.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
^There is only two connectors for the ignitor no 3rd plug.

However there is a noise filter that gets grounded and is next to the ignitor it haves 2 wires to it and gets grounded it keeps the feedback noise from the ignitors from getting into your sensitive signals like radio knock timming sensors etc..

so it gets grounded on the open spade then 2 wires one is ignition power other might be ground dont know its been a while.

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
again it's been asked on here and not answered unless i missed it... it there a difference between soarer and chaser harness ? i've used this guide and i'm not gettign anywhere.. which leads me to believe i may have a chaser harness... but the ecu connected to it says jzz30 but my 1jz has TRC on the throttle body?