**How to wire a soarer 1JZ into MA70**

92gtapex

Aug 10, 2006
Northland, New Zealand
odomd said:
The plug names that are stated are from a lexas sc300 wiring diagram book I bought so I could chase these wires. Since yours is running I guess I have wired 3 now.
mines running but not finished...
Still have to finish fuel pump, crank off the key, alternator, and dash wiring (no tacho/speedo)
But thank you very much for the effort you put in to get the 1st 1 done and for making this info available, its been a great help

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
92gtapex said:
Tried the heatshrink on the coils and it works great, revs clean now.
Havnt tested under load yet (driving) but it will rev freely now

Logan

Glad that helped. BTW, have you done a build thread yet? I want to see some pics.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
92gtapex said:
No I havnt made a build thread on here yet...
Dont know if anyone really wants to look at it lol.
At this stage i dont even have my turbos connected to my intake so its just running N/A.
heres a few pics of it in the build on this link
http://z7.invisionfree.com/AREA_51/index.php?showtopic=301

Of course we'd like to see a build thread.

What do you mean by not having your turbos connected? Like not having the intercooler piping hooked up?

92gtapex

Aug 10, 2006
Northland, New Zealand
Yeah no intercooler piping
Or dump pipe/exhaust.
This whole build has been on the cheap. total cost so far is well under $2500 NZD which is about $1800 USD which includes purchas price for both Supras in that pic
I might do a build thread, did that link I gave you work?

Logan

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
92gtapex said:
Yeah no intercooler piping
Or dump pipe/exhaust.
This whole build has been on the cheap. total cost so far is well under $2500 NZD which is about $1800 USD which includes purchas price for both Supras in that pic
I might do a build thread, did that link I gave you work?

Logan

You need to have the intercooler piping on for it to run right. The link didn't work btw.

92gtapex

Aug 10, 2006
Northland, New Zealand
Thought that might be the case, I hadnt worried about it up till now as was just dealing with making it fire up.
Better get onto the rest of it then and do my intercooler piping and mount it

92gtapex

Aug 10, 2006
Northland, New Zealand
the plugs listed in your wiring write up.
Because I havnt been able to find any info referring to them by the same names as you have listed.
It would be great if you could get some pics of all the plugs involved.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
92gtapex said:
Still not sure if my gauge cluster is going to work or not

We'll get it to work. That's the easy part. The B1 plug can be a PITA. The M1 plug is a breeze. I'm going to have to drop my glovebox for some pics. But, anything to help another member out.

92gtapex

Aug 10, 2006
Northland, New Zealand
Thanks for that, yeah I had that link, thats how i found out which plug was M1 and B1.
Still wondering about the Soarer plugs, have just been trying to wire it from process of elimination to guess which soarer plugs which.
But I wouldntmind some confirmation for my own peace of mind :)
My auto sparky is prbably coming over on Sunday to have a look at the car and to see what he can do.

Logan