How to roll the fenders?

Supra NA-T

Total Annihilation
Nov 7, 2010
Leesville,La
if im not mistaken i have seen a fender roller kit on some websites. check around websites that has auto body repair equipment and go from there.

Mine are rolled with a bunch of metal tubes (like baseball bats) of different diameters and a hammer. Sounds sketchy but as long as you're careful and go slow it's very precise. Be careful though, our paint cracks really, really easily and the rear fender metal is thick. Using a heat gun helps with the paint but mine is flaking off.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Use a proper tool. :)

fender-roller.jpg

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
Go punch your friend in the mouth for suggesting such a asinine way of doing this.

Fender rolling tool and a heat gun will make it look like they came from the factory like that, If you take your time and do it right.

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
SRA;1640233 said:
http://www.eastwood.com/ew-fender-roller-w-instruction.html
kind of pricy but its worth it, you could even make your money back if you start doing it for other people or by just renting the tool out. good luck and post pics when your done.

JStoked;1640252 said:
Ok thanks I'm ordering one today.

GrimJack;1640344 said:
Virtually any performance shop will either have one of those tools, or know what shop in the area does.

Yea, I'd just rent one myself.

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
Tampa, Florida, United States
GrimJack;1640455 said:
I'm a little hesitant to use methods suggested by a man who paints his car PINK with rattle cans. :D

Hey I have seen some bad ass cars where I live, having been sprayed by the same guys...they do prep the shiit out of the cars. But they use rattle cans, and they look really nice. Also for a booth they use a car canopy that zips all the way up...and (2) 20inch box fans as vents.