how to pass a drug test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
you know, i read an interesting article in the paper the other day. Basicly it said

5 million people a year die from smoking cigarettes
2 million people a year die from Alcohol Abuse (not including traffic fatalities due to impaired driving)
And Alcohol disorders affecting 76 million people world wide.
Marijuauna you ask? Zero, not one death attributed to smoking weed

he doesnt need a lecture from us, he just wanted help

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Jayhall said:
you know, i read an interesting article in the paper the other day. Basicly it said

2 million people a year die from Alcohol Abuse (not including traffic fatalities due to impaired driving)

All of that may be true, doesnt make it legal or allowed by whoever is testing him. If you work for a place that you know drug tests then be ready to find a new job at the drop of the hat.

I dont know why places do urine tests when hair samples are harder to pass from what Ive herd.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
I don't know why a lot of places do drug testing either though. I mean I can see it for some jobs, but a lot of jobs, as long as you're doing your job, it shouldn't matter what you do at home. It's just as bad as showing up drunk, if you seem unable to do your job, then there is something wrong and something needs to be done.

But alas, that is not the way it works, and if you have a job that does drug tests, and want to keep that job, don't do the drugs.

There's no way to post a thread like this without people stating the obvious, even though it's obviously too late for that.

Jayhall

May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Jeff Lange said:
I don't know why a lot of places do drug testing either though. I mean I can see it for some jobs, but a lot of jobs, as long as you're doing your job, it shouldn't matter what you do at home. It's just as bad as showing up drunk, if you seem unable to do your job, then there is something wrong and something needs to be done.

i agree %100

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
Jayhall said:

yes, cause it doesnt give you lung cancer...

Jayhall

May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Ckanderson said:
yes, cause it doesnt give you lung cancer...

that might be true, but look at the sorce. A newspaper from the west end of Vancouver BC. Hello pot capital of the world

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Jeff Lange said:

But alas, that is not the way it works, and if you have a job that does drug tests, and want to keep that job, don't do the drugs.

There's no way to post a thread like this without people stating the obvious, even though it's obviously too late for that.

Ive known so many people that have lost jobs because of weekend pot smoking. They never showed up to work high, but if you get into an accident at work they drug test no matter what. Even if its something stupid like pulling a muscle in your back, if you report an accident they would test you.

The place Im at now isnt allowed to do random tests or tests after an accident. They can do drug tests if you show signs of being impaired while at work. Even then it would be easy to get around it, just say your sick and need to go home.

To me its not worth the risk or stress of loosing my job even if the drug test is very unlikely.

Jayhall

May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
when i had my drug test i was told by the doctor. "If you put on your forum that you dont smoke pot and we find THC in your system, then you fail and you dont get the job. If you are honast and tell us the truth, and our test confirms what you say, you pass. We are basicly looking for the abusers, not the users"

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Cripes, not another of these threads.

You have 2 choices. Quit the drugs - and not just for the next week, forever. Or quit the job.

You can fool the test once. You might be able to fool it twice. You simply cannot get around it forever. If you are peeing out pure water, you won't trip the test - but they'll know you screwed with the results. Next time, you won't have ANY warning - your supervisor will show up with a sample cup and invite you to the bathroom on the spot.

I'm speaking from the other side of things. I've used drug tests to let people go or get them into therapy. The longest it's ever taken to bust a user? ~9 months. Have I ever failed to bust a user? No. I've gotten every single one in the end. Those of us responsible for catching the guys like you don't think about the test results - we plan a year ahead, its obvious you're an active user, the test is a simple tool to prove that.

Furthermore, you should watch where you post this - you never know who reads forums.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Jayhall said:
when i had my drug test i was told by the doctor. "If you put on your forum that you dont smoke pot and we find THC in your system, then you fail and you dont get the job. If you are honast and tell us the truth, and our test confirms what you say, you pass. We are basicly looking for the abusers, not the users"

Ok that just makes no sense to me at all.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
GrimJack said:
Cripes, not another of these threads.

You have 2 choices. Quit the drugs - and not just for the next week, forever. Or quit the job.

You can fool the test once. You might be able to fool it twice. You simply cannot get around it forever. If you are peeing out pure water, you won't trip the test - but they'll know you screwed with the results. Next time, you won't have ANY warning - your supervisor will show up with a sample cup and invite you to the bathroom on the spot.

I'm speaking from the other side of things. I've used drug tests to let people go or get them into therapy. The longest it's ever taken to bust a user? ~9 months. Have I ever failed to bust a user? No. I've gotten every single one in the end. Those of us responsible for catching the guys like you don't think about the test results - we plan a year ahead, its obvious you're an active user, the test is a simple tool to prove that.

Furthermore, you should watch where you post this - you never know who reads forums.

As someone who seems to know alot about this stuff, why the urine tests and not hair samples?

kHaNg

Like FAtHer Like SoN
Apr 17, 2007
Mass
yeah guys i smoked thursday but i just need to get this job im not gettin randomly tested while work i want the job and i wanted some feedback to conclude my deadline.. in my case i don care who reads this the most longest lasting drug in the system is THC and is the least of everyones concern yet it is still illegal in the states its bullshit but im young im in school and i need to get hired and i have tried to quit it's just how it goes time after time. Cant sit in my corner forever thankz for the feedback everybody that was quick for 3-7 hours.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Cost and convenience. It's cheaper to do the urine version, and when you multiply the number of employees by the cost difference, you get a significant amount.

Remember, the vast majority of these tests pass with zero complications. You shouldn't implement a process that will inconvenience the majority of your workforce for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.