How to do dipstick using a Cressida 7M block.

Supraflymk3

Supraman
Dec 17, 2005
Neenah, Wisconsin, United States
So right now I'm in the process of building a forged GTE and in the meantime I'm throwing my turbo stuff onto my Cressida engine. I have all the issues worked out except how i should mount the dipstick. If anyone has done this or has any ideas that would be greatly appreciated.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
You could get that Lokar dipstick that's available through Beech Performance in the vendor section. It's flexible and can be mounted about anywhere. With it being at the front of the engine, I imagine you could bolt it to one of the studs on the head above the exhaust manifold, or possibly on the shock tower.

I'm not too familiar with Cressida engine bays, so I'm not sure what's in that area on the body side unfortunately...

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
Yeah i was just asking being that i dont the cressida engine from the 7m in the supras. didnt know the front sump deal. I would just mount it in the same location, unless you changed pans, or turbo is in the way of stock location.

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
You would have to drill out the other boss on the block if you are using the supra oil pan. I had to drill out the boss for the cressida diptsick location on 7mgte when I was using the cressida pan for a swap I was doing.