How rare are 89-92 Supra Turbo Hardtop 5 speeds?

DL.

Fast
Sep 12, 2005
SE Wisconsin
The condition of the car will always make a difference. I bought my 89 for $4500 about 5 years ago. It was completely stock and in Excellent shape with 67,000 miles. It is black w/ burghundy leather, targa, power everything, 5 speed, of course turbo. It was never ever driven in snow, and has not a spec of rust. I personally wouldn't have bought it if it was hardtop. That's about the coolest thing on these cars. Of course the 7m's power potential is pretty cool too. 5 years and $15,000 later the car still has less than 72,000 miles and I am lucky if I drive it 5 times all year :nono: (because I work too much, not the cars fault lol)

PROJECT N00b

XBL: Mkiii DriFt3r
May 22, 2005
honolulu, california
www.myspace.com
I know the most desirable Supra is a '92 Turbo, Shadow grey int, 5 spd, Teal, with a factory sunroof and the factory sub woofer system. And then there's the Turbo A, and the 2.5 Turbo R with the Recaro int, and full Recaro carpet. There was also a red leather interior, which is rare but not desirable since it's really hard to get interior pieces replaced if damaged.

But don't quote me on my information ;). Jeff is the #1 guy to ask when it comes to all things Toyota, and if this post doesn't seem cohesive at all, it's because I just woke up.

-Justin

t4boost

I gotta have my boost!
Mar 23, 2007
Arizona
I have a 91 black hard top with shadow grey interior turbo w/ auto trans. Have yet to see another one like it anywhere.

7M-GTEric

Sep 27, 2007
Knoxville, TN
PROJECT N00b;1156912 said:
I know the most desirable Supra is a '92 Turbo, Shadow grey int, 5 spd, Teal, with a factory sunroof and the factory sub woofer system.-Justin

Well...my car meets 1/2 those requirements-it's a teal/shadow gray 92 turbo targa TEMS ABS 5spd. ...and I installed a subwoofer...so where's that put mine? haha

Did I mention that money talks?

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Like has been mentioned, populations of hardtops and targas really seem to be a geographic thing. Taken together(USDM) they are fairly balanced. Nothing like it is with the MKIV, where the hardtops are really rare and therefore command a higher resale value.

turbulance_cressida

Sep 28, 2006
brooklyn,ny
Well the supra i got now cost me $1800.Its a 91 white package hardtop 5speed with 80k on clock.It came with a rebuild bottom end,light weight flywheel and a fcon system.Interior is burgandy leather with no rips just minor cracks.its drop on some kind of springs not sure yet.

what kind of deal you guys think i got?

Apr 10, 2008
South East USA
If it runs great then you got a good deal turbulance I would think.

I got the 90/hardtop/ 5 speed and NEED a hardtop. I hate body flex and these 90's cars are nice and solid which I like.

I had a targa top car and it was awesome at night but I didn't like driving on sunny days. Leaks are another hassle.

I've only seen 2 other hardtops around here and a targa.

OkieRA29

Oct 22, 2008
Oklahoma City
Here in Oklahoma I mostly see hardtops, few if any turbos. Most are hardtop, auto, N/A. I have seen a white 88 N/A hardtop. The last time I saw it was on the side of I40 with a trooper behind with his lights on:nono:
After driving mine, I am afraid I may spend most of the time in my car in the same status:biglaugh:

Oh yeah, I hardly if ever see them in the junkyards. I still want to find an 89-92 bumper for mine:love:

Last edited: