How old were you when you got your first Supra?

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
Bought a Busted ass Black 87T when i was 17. sold it 2 years later after learning a lot about these cars. did my best to get it from a wreck to a decent fun car. The current owner trashed the car within months of purchasing it. :nono:

Bought my current JZA70 when i was 20, with 95K Km's on the clock. i am just over 100k now. Love the car, but it needs some work to get it back into top shape. Lookin forward to finally finishing the thing :icon_bigg

DatBohSleepin

Jun 3, 2008
Philly, PA
21...white turbo targa...just got it a month or so ago...its my 3rd car....1st car was a piece of shit kia spectra, then a 91 240sx, n now my 87 supra i hope to never have to get rid of...

supra_man87

EL GUAPO
Nov 15, 2007
So. Col.
Febuary my junior year in high school. so 17. cleanest mkiii 86.5 i have ever seen. found out later that it is like one of the first 500 or something made. no dents (still no dents), had white sawblades, 176000 miles. engine rebuilt, and minor minor tears on the leather driver seat, none on passenger seat, and backseat was never sat in. whole car waiting to be plucked. year later engine blows (assembled poorly), got a jdm 7mge and haven;t looked back. still the cleanest one in colorado i've seen and one of the cleanest on sm.

Last edited:

EOS

Obsessed with photography
Feb 27, 2008
St Louis, MO
I bought my first Supra--a white on burgundy '85 P type--back in 1992 when I was 16. In addition to my current '88 turbo, I still have my '85, although that one's been in storage with no motor for the last few years while I worked on other projects...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
gtimportfanatic;1088222 said:
1983 so.. mk2
color i couldnt tell ya lol

Age is correct and it was a MKII, but still a supra. The color was......

jugodegolf;1088452 said:
mk2, black and you drove it till the wheels fell off! That's my guess.

Correct and correct............:biglaugh:

mischief7m

Broke and Lovin It
Sep 13, 2007
Central Ma / Cape Cod Ma
i was 19, got it as a present to myself after working for months on a tug and barge on the great lakes.

drove to florida, bought it, and after a little vacation, drove it back to mass. and i cant think of any car i would trade it for.

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
i got mine when i was 18, i was just about to finish my freshman year at college wheni started looking for a new car to replace my rusted out 88 integra when i found a mint condition homo blue 88 na 5spd with 28k orig miles at a dealership. it took some haggling of course from 7k to get it down to 3k out the door. i've been very happy with it since. of course its been through alot of changes since then too.

Supra_Tom

Aug 1, 2008
Scotland
Sorry to bump, but its a real culture shock for me!.

I was just looking at some of the ages, and by christ!, America certainly trusts their youths!.

Over here in the UK, you cant even think about going near a car till your 17, and after you pass the theory and practical test, which btw are intense, your bound to be nearly turning 18. Nobody will touch you for insurance on anything more than a 1.2L Corsa in your first year or two of driving, and the hope of owning a 3.0i Turbo tank at 16 boggles my mind!.

It's pretty crazy to let a child, which is basically what a 16 year old is, into a RWD, 230bhp road going tank!. I had a 106 1.5 N/A diesel as my first car and I've had a handful 1.9 TD Peugeot 306's, and I've bought the Supra now I'm 20, and believe me, 20 is young to own a car as lethal as the Supra over here!.

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
I had my first supra at 15, Albeit, it was not much more than a project car (which never got finished, although I did learn to drive in it (on private land of course ;)) and it didn't screw me up too much. I'm now looking for another one as a daily at 17 years old, insurance is cheap enough if you're willing to make compromises (N/As only :() and look hard enough (I've been researching "affordable" insurance quotes since I was 14).

I'd be interested in knowing how the Supra compares to the 306 TDs? Funnily enough, a DTurbo is my sensible back up plan :).

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Supra_Tom;1104990 said:
Sorry to bump, but its a real culture shock for me!.

I was just looking at some of the ages, and by christ!, America certainly trusts their youths!.

Over here in the UK, you cant even think about going near a car till your 17, and after you pass the theory and practical test, which btw are intense, your bound to be nearly turning 18. Nobody will touch you for insurance on anything more than a 1.2L Corsa in your first year or two of driving, and the hope of owning a 3.0i Turbo tank at 16 boggles my mind!.

It's pretty crazy to let a child, which is basically what a 16 year old is, into a RWD, 230bhp road going tank!. I had a 106 1.5 N/A diesel as my first car and I've had a handful 1.9 TD Peugeot 306's, and I've bought the Supra now I'm 20, and believe me, 20 is young to own a car as lethal as the Supra over here!.

Not so much. I can't see anyone getting into too much trouble in a stock MA70, turbo or no. The new Camrys are significantly faster lol