how much hp?

allen600

Aug 6, 2010
oakdale
how much hp can you get out of the stock throttle body, intake manifold, and fuel rail? just the fuel rail its self im going to upgrade my injectors and fpr im just curious of what stock throttle body, intake manifold, and fuel rail can with stand.

allen600

Aug 6, 2010
oakdale
i heard your suppose to anodize them if you run e85 but i never heard of anyone actually doing it

---------- Post added at 03:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 AM ----------

OfnaRcR4;1705057 said:

if your gonna be dumb about it stay off my post

87ttsupra

Wee turbo!!!
Apr 9, 2008
pueblo west
Stock throttle body is good. Look at besttrans he runs nines with stock throttle body and he's not useimg a ffim. Fuel rail flows perfect.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
allen600;1705332 said:
if your gonna be dumb about it stay off my post

Your question was borderline dumb. But maybe he didn't need to mock you so quick. If you go to the dyno section, you can see the power output and combination.

allen600

Aug 6, 2010
oakdale
Nick M;1705443 said:
Your question was borderline dumb. But maybe he didn't need to mock you so quick. If you go to the dyno section, you can see the power output and combination.

you can stay off my post too sorry i dont know everything

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
allen600;1705815 said:
you can stay off my post too sorry i dont know everything
A: It's NOT your "post" it's a thread started in a public area by you, this in no way means you have ownership over the thread or the right to tell people not to post in it.

B: If you have an issue with something posted the big boy way to handle it is to click the triangle "report post" button or PM a mod and let them do their job...

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
mad%20face.jpg

STAY OFF MY POST!!

But seriously, you'll be good with those stock parts for realistic HP goals. What mods have you done so far, and what are your "future" mods.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I would wait on the head work. Save that money to do other mods. At least you're looking into covering fuel so you don't ruin your motor by leaning out.
If I could do it all over again my first mods would have been a wideband and a piggyback fuel computer to monitor and tune my car. Then start modding. This way you'd definately know when it would be time to upgrade your fuel system.

Of course when I started widebands weren't available. The only fuel manipulators were Haltech, Simple Digital Systems, and Electromotive which were all very pricey back then. There were no such thing as aftermarket cams for the 7m either. Times are alot better now for the 7m.

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
If you have not checked into prices on fuel control you might want to it might surprise you. I am about to get all the electronics for my wifes car and were looking at just over $2000 just for all the sensors and controllers an aem ems will run you $1700 by itself if you go that route. Just cause a motor is built does not mean you can slap a bigger turbo and bigger injectors and push 1000 hp. Even a built motor will die from lean, and a forged piston will not live through heavy pre-detonation. Maybe you already have that under control though if so good.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Yeah, that's the cost of a full stand alone system. I'm talking about piggybacks that range from $300-500 depending on what you go with. Sure stand alone is the best, but something is better than nothing.

grifter679

Dec 14, 2008
San Francisco
im going to be converting back to my stock intake manfold and throttle body to see what the differences are, i will have dyno graphs fo this as well, currently im running a DM 60-1 t4, at 18 psi, with a custom FFIM and 75mm throttlebody and controlled by a haltech PS 1000, it maybe a while since Ive got another project to finish up, but Im curious to see what gains/losses there are with a stock setup

forgot to add, Im at 400rwhp and 340tq, i believe I may be able to get more torque across the entire rpm range by going back to the long runner stock intake vs my short runner FFIM