How much do you like your city/town??

Brewster

So it goes.
Apr 15, 2005
Morgantown, WV
Ok, now that I have a bit more time...

I like Charleston a lot. There are some decent bars downtown, movies, go kart track, arcade, golf courses, minor league baseball team, yadda yadda. Downtown is just 5 minutes from my house and the Southridge shopping center is 5 minutes in the other direction. Very short drive to the country. Kanawha State Forest is a short 10 minute drive from my house; there is a shooting range, mountainbiking/hiking trails, fishing, offroading, etc there. The car scene is pretty lame though. Most cars you see on the street are riced. A couple times a year there is a decent car show bringing lots of hot muscle cars out of the woodwork though. Traffic can get pretty backed up in some areas, but overall it flows pretty well except during rush hour. The roads are pretty neglected in some areas. Oh they are also building a new bridge to alleviate pressure on I64. No emissions either.

The city.
p975705_1.jpg

p975705_2.jpg

2071815-Aerial_View_of_Charleston_WV-Charleston.jpg

wv-capitol-building.jpg

courts_3604_550wm.jpg

Somewhere near Kanawha State Forest.
p975705_3.jpg

p975705_4.jpg

KSF itself.
Harrah_CH_3_L.jpg

Kanawha&

In 6 weeks I'll be moving back to Morgantown. WVU is great fun.
1166211559_ml.jpg

poodlesbeterhlf

Mar 24, 2008
Keller, TX
Johnny Dangerously;975688 said:
they do emissions testing in your area, yea?

if thast the case, then im just gonna keep my residency at my folks house....i know i wont pass.

Yes they do and you have to fully pass and then if your sticker is off by like a day they will usually pull you over.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
in these two counties they do, but outside of them they don't.

Your car would probably pass if it had a cat on it as they aren't very picky...

Johnny Dangerously

I can eat planets
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX..
greg88;975832 said:
I just remembered that Corpus Christi is the home of Whataburger. Is the food better than usual there?:biglaugh:

Whataburger has some really good shit...ill give it that.

theres a whataburger in almost every corner you walk on. I got one 2 minutes from my house.

SC300fivespd

Soarer Guy
San Ramon is pretty cool i guess its small as hell we have no downtown and no shopping areas or a mall. the next city over is where everyone goes to hang out. the girls in this city are ether ugly as hell or insanely hot there is no between.

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
I hate London with passion.

Despite what the government will tell you, crime is everywhere - It seems like everyday someone is getting shot or stabbed to death. I believe current death toll of Teenage boys that have been murdered in London this year has gone up to 14, that's very scary considering I fit right into that demographic...

The mayor is (to excuse my language) a fucking joke - Kids my age are getting shot, stabbed, beaten and mugged everyday and yet the motherfucker is more concerned about energy saving light bulbs and people who drive SUVs - If he is reelected in may (which he probably will be because people can't be arsed to vote anymore), you'll have to pay $50 a day to drive your car in central London if It has a displacement over 3,000cc -What's his reasoning? Climate change. It's unproven, but hell, why not tax the fuck out of people anyway?

The public transport system has gone to shit - Again Mr. Mayor wants to encourage people to use public transport, and yet has Tripled the bus fair - And it's not like the Buses are any better. It takes 2 hours for me to go 5 miles on the bus during rush hour - 2 HOURS.

And yet after all this shit, everyone still wants to come here - Property is retardedly expensive. My father's Two bedroom flat (read, one level) will be worth $700,000 by the time we've finished developing it - 700 grand for a place that isn't even that amazing.

Renting is just as expensive - When I looked I couldn't find a single room for less than $1000 a month...

The car scene is dead... unless of course you like bolting on plastic to eurotrash hatchbacks with less displacement than a bottle of coca cola...

As soon as I have the means, I'm GTFOing from here.

If anyone wants to trade lives, let me know...

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Supracentral;975258 said:
It takes about 40 minutes to get to the middle of downtown Atlanta.

The taxes are low. I've got an acre of land, our house has 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, Formal Living Room, Formal Dining, Kitchen, Office/Family Room (It's big - 24' x 12'), the infamous "bad girl room" :), with an attached heated and air conditioned 3 car garage as well.

We paid well under $200k for it. (Yes, read that and weep NY and CA people..)

GA respects my 2nd amendment rights as well, so I'm pretty happy on that front.
Overall it's a damned nice place to live.

Sounds alot like Texas! Woodstock looks like an awesome place.

greg88;975832 said:
I just remembered that Corpus Christi is the home of Whataburger. Is the food better than usual there?:biglaugh:

Johnny Dangerously;975835 said:
Whataburger has some really good shit...ill give it that.

theres a whataburger in almost every corner you walk on. I got one 2 minutes from my house.

Double meat Whataburger with cheese FTMFW!!!!

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
JD, move to CT. Toss a cat on your car and pass emissions, club life is awesome. Im 45 min from NYC and the car sceen is awesome. The only thing you wouldnt like is that there are these things up here called potholes, some over a foot in depth. Not to mention, there are over 7+ universities within 1 hr of my house, so girlies arent a problem. The housing market in CT sucks for sellers, but is amazing for buyers now.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
Johnny Dangerously;975268 said:
Mike, that looks like a great place to live for a man such as yourself. hehe, this can be taken the wrong way, but...im sure once im a bit older and settled down, i would definately look into an area such as that.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Deland is an awful place.

From my experience, here and neighboring Daytona Beach, nearly everyone is a dumb-as-a-rock redneck waste of live. Apart from Stetson, the town is a dump. Poverty runs rampant which reflects in its high crime rating. Not that anyone can do anything about it, they're too fucking dumb/lazy to get a job anyway. That being said, I am most definitely a minority down here.

No one can drive, nor do any of them own anything nice - most are falling apart due to a complete lack of ANY inspection in FL. The roads - straight, flat, 2 lane highways.

:)

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
I live in Memphis, TN. Super high crime rate in all categories, Number one in violent crime, corrupt to the core government, horrible roads, looks like a third world nation took a dump here, Illegals running rampent, 50% of the drivers don't have a licence, and one of the worst NBA teams in the nation.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2007/sep/27/memphis-leads-us-in-violent-crime/

We do, however, have some of the best BBQ in the world!:biglaugh:

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Laura and I live in Alachua, FL. I love this place, except that the county put a 5 cent tax on gas for no fucking reason. :3d_frown:

Gainesville (Home of UF) is just 8-10 minutes south of me. It's quiet up here (very small town feel to it) and yet I can go enjoy the scenery south of me in Gainesville no problem ;)

GPD is a bunch of douchebags hard up to prove their worth, but APD and ACSO I haven't had any problems with!

Wh1t3T1g3r

The Dreamer
Feb 11, 2008
New Hampshire
I live in a little town called nashua in New Hampshire. It very quiet and okay until about two months of living here and you realize you have done everything there is to be done! for the record im from L.A. but I ended up moving here, not by choice. I didn't even know NH was a State!!!