Houston Supra owners being called out by Houston240sx?

Cycoclown

SHAAWING!!!
Jan 18, 2008
Vacaville, CA
www.myspace.com
not worth it. just like owning a 240 isnt. good cars if done right. but what car isnt good when its done right.

im getting off topic but i SAY NO. i hate when kids play with me on the street. i think ima just turn the MK3 into a drag only car and use a little Geo as my daily driver with these gas prices :p

charlesshen

Jun 5, 2007
orlando
JDMMA70;1028734 said:
Ok many of you remember that thread i posted a while back well i havent posted back or said anything since i posted it on here. No whining or bitching but i got a PM someone wants to race the MK3's in Houston. Now i think this is childish but i was just wondering what i should do? I mean i would ignore it as i cant do anything about since my car still isnt running at its full potential. I would be responsible and do it at the track. What would you Houston Supra guys and others in the Community do? Just ignore them (Kinda what im guessing)?
Maybe the problem is that im young and still have a lot of pride but i can control it. I just want opinions.

Thanks
~JDMMA70
man if hes got a ka motor go hand him his a55 if his got a sr20 and your just running a 7mgte save you self the time and embarrassment of get yours handed to you by a four banger

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
All I have to say is keep it on the track. Street racing is a no no in my book. But, that's just me. I've heard of too many careless accidents where people die. Just be smart about it all.

fstoy

Soon to be Evil Twin
Mar 30, 2005
Texas
Supracentral;1028748 said:
Things were so much better when these cars weren't owned by children...

So true...Young unmature adults(children) are the reason i no longer have intrest in the MKIII.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
AF1JZ;1029255 said:
All I have to say is keep it on the track. Street racing is a no no in my book. But, that's just me. I've heard of too many careless accidents where people die. Just be smart about it all.

word. once the baby is born the supra turns into a racecar that sits in the garage 90% of the time :biglaugh:

Sil

Evil Empire
Jan 13, 2008
Milwaukee/Chicago
charlesshen;1029242 said:
man if hes got a ka motor go hand him his a55 if his got a sr20 and your just running a 7mgte save you self the time and embarrassment of get yours handed to you by a four banger
...stock and even lightly modified Sr20's aren't all that fast(unless the car is stripped), but then again there are too many variables for any kind of comparison like this. And in all honesty who cares, if you like the Supra, and they like their 240sx, you're not gonna sway any minds by holding some sort of race. Take the high road and ignore them.

taka21

Feb 16, 2008
washington dc
hey in all honesty both cars are great
each has its good points and its bad points (240sx issues with understeering and mostly underpowered) (mk3 supra issues not blowing a head gasket and a bit too heavy) ive owned both cars and respect both and im only 22
that being said
just run for fun on a track if he is really full of himself then make a small bet but keep it friendly

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
OK, I'm gonna be the one to NOT flame you...

First off, do some research on him. More than likely he has some posts on the forum about what he's done to the car. If he looks beatable, invite him to meet you at the local track.

Make sure you're ready to drag race on a track. If you've never done it before, go learn.

I'm not going to tell you to not race him on the street. You already know the risks, and I will feel no pity for you if you get caught or get injured.

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
theWeezL;1028961 said:
Streetracing is for retards and fanbois. Get Steven and John Atwood and (I forget his name, the guy tha does all the JZ swaps down there...Ken?) and all plan a day at the track. Then cordially invite the 240 guys to come and join you. Treat it like a fun meet and greet not some kinda show down, and plan a few "head to heads" and enjoy a night of legal racing and getting to know the "opposition". You never know you just might make a few friends and they may just gain some respect for other car guys.

Who was the guy with the black 240 that came out to Brandons dads shop and was drifting in the parking lot? He seemed like a decent kid with nothing against mk3's. Get him involved.

P.S. is this Stu? or someone in houston I dont know?

240SX was either Junior (S13) or Doug(S14), but there could others I don't know about. I'd go for kicks, but my MK3's not fully operational. :-\

benchwarmer

Straight Cougar
Aug 2, 2007
Lancaster, CA
charlesshen;1029242 said:

A KA-T makes the same power as the SR20DET and a LOT more torque. The SR20 is right up there with VTEC for the most over-rated engine ever.

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
I don't know where you guys are getting your impressions of S-chassis cars. It must be the wrong place because there are a lot of serious ones out there. And Texas has a couple serious cars. But all the ones I know, don't care about drag racing or who's faster in a straight line, most of them are drift cars and road race cars.

But all of this just sounds stupid. Supras are good cars, 240s are good cars, they have their pros and cons. Supras are not faster than 240s and 240s are not faster than supras. I know you guys have your pride in your supras and 7m's and whatever, but they really aren't that fast. But neither is a 240 with a stock SR in it. But once you get past the stock stuff, it's anyones game.

And keep in mind, for future bench racing or internet trash talking, the 240 will have a good 800-1000lbs on the supra. I mean the weight difference stock for stock is about 800. But I see a lot more stripped 240s than stripped Supras. My 240 right now weighs in at a couple pounds over 2400. And my brother's supra weighs in at 3000 and we've taken a lot more stuff out of the supra than we did out of the 240.

And the maturity level between Supra guys and 240 guys really isn't that far off. Most of you guys won't see it, but a lot of you are no different than normal 240 owners. And there are also a lot of knowledgable and serious guys in the supra world and 240 world.

And if you want to look at some of the more serious cars, go on www.ziptied.com and look at some of the builds in there.

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
I built a KA for my brothers S13, running a 57 trim t3/t4, it put down 300 hp and 300tq, at 15 psi. It was sooooo much fun to drive, exept that the rev limmit is so low. Such a tourqy motor in a light car with good suspension was a blast. When I ran low (15psi) boost on my 1jz making about 370 -380whp and we would do a run, he was right on my rear bumper, until he had to shift, 5800 vs 8000 rpm's.........

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
i personally wouldn't run my car at high speeds next to anyone immature enough to pull stuff like this. for my safety and my car's as well.