hottscennessey's RHD PS13 build

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
I never thought I'd get rid of my Supra, but I did.

My supra was a never-ending quest for power. Once I got that power, I realized I had overdone it. While cruising on the highway was great, I often found myself wanting to go on a backroad cruise. I never found myself driving my car, with the 2JZ the car had a new sense of reliability it never had before, but it just wasn't comfortable with a quad disc clutch and no power steering.

I picked up this 91 Nissan Silvia.

My goal, KISS. Keep it simiple stupid.

3122186634_5b29945eb8_b.jpg

3121360101_b142e0f4f7_b.jpg

3121360007_850488bb41_b.jpg

3121359911_dde0914ba5_b.jpg

3121359689_61f94a968f_b.jpg

This was the night I picked up the car.

First and only mod thus-far.. GTR grill.

3229770691_32bc236eae_o.jpg

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Nice! So when's the 2jz goin in? :)

I'm actually debating on dynoing my car, afraid of the urge to keep upping the power, at the same time I'm too cheap to buy a multi-disc clutch...

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
interesting! should be a neat project. You mentioned it just had a bit too much power. So what's your goal with this car? something moderately powered with good handling? a better all-rounder?

car looks like a great starting point!

Ash

Greased-Up Deaf Guy
Dec 27, 2008
Grand Forks, BC
Very nice Silvia! If you don't mind my asking, did you have to pay an outrageous amount of money for it? It's cheap to bring the RHD cars into Canada, but I've read that it's a very long and very expensive process to get them into the US.

Did you have to import it, or did you buy it local?

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Very nice! Sounds like its going to be fun.. Not to mention 240s have as many aftermarket parts and choices as a Honda Civic. Keep it updated as you mod!

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Thanks for the responses!

My plans for this car are to make it look good, and make it handle well. I'm definitely not building a drift car, but I wouldn't mind building it so I can drift that perfect turn if I have the opportunity.

My power goals are 300whp max in the next 3 years, and 400whp max ever. I think I should be fine with this, the car is plenty fast right now, and I DD it.

This car was a lot cheaper than any JDM-front S13 coupe with a stock SR swap and matching paint I've ever seen, and mine doesn't come with a hacked wiring harness. Nissan installed FTW! So in my opinion it's was dirt cheap. If you know where to look, and what to do, importing a JDM vehicle is really easy. Yes, this car did come from Canadia land. I got really close to buying a JDM Green mica JZA70 TTR but I decided to switch it up.

Here are my immediate plans for this car (1-3 years):
Coilovers; RUCA & Rear toe arm
paint rear bumper (faded)
Custom FMIC/piping setup
3" DP with E-cutout
Blitz SBC-ID color boost controller
Work Emotion XD-9s in silver or 5 lug and RPF1's.

Long term list:
GT28 turbo
550cc injectors
Z32 MAF
Calum real-time ECU
walbro 225 FP
Nardi Steering wheel
Bride seat

I'm really going to enjoy myself with this car, and not do any tasteless mods. I'm trying to buy a house so I might have to get a second job to get this project going.

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
looking good! looks like you got some tastefull mods! 240sx's are a endless supply of aftermarket parts to make it fast and sexy looking!

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
thats awsome. always reminds me of inital D haha. am i sad? :p

i do love these though. i was tempted by an S15 spec S not long ago but it was to far away pluss i fell in love with my new car haha.

two big thumbs up from here :)

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Thanks guys :)

No, I haven't weighed it yet Ian, but I really want to now that you mentioned it. I want to know what my before/after weight is.

I'm really excited about all the aftermarket available for this car.

I'm also really excited about the realtime ECU's. That's huge, comming from Toyotas. I tune a lot of hondas, and while it's not as DIY friendly as the Honda ECU's, it's still great.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
That's crazy, we have 3 S15's in my area, which are not "USDM", but mine is the first "JDM" S13 Silvia I've seen around.

It just has such a huge following, I'm not supprised there are so many in the OZ.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
LOL I'm sure I'd feel the same way if they were a little more easy to import. The truth is, I really do hate having the exact same thing as everyone else, so that would never fly.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
It was on the shortlist as a light chassis for all my running gear but I felt the same about the common thing!

I might see a mk3 maybe once every 3>4 months but I see Silvias almost daily here so they must have been really cheap to import or something.