Hood safety catches suck....

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
Well saturday I finally drove my car out of the garage for the first time, I decided to take a little test drive. After double checking everything, coolant, oil, this and that I took off, guess not the hood.... I took it down the road, turned around and on my return I shifted into third, started to get into boost and WAAAM!!!!! I had a windsheid full of hood. After freakin out, I got the car stopped and checked everything out. Turns out the hood saftey latch bent and let the hood come on back. Now I have a hood thats almost bent double, a busted windsheild and a roof thats totally f'd.
Oh well atleast the car runs, lol:biglaugh:

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
Im still not sure why the hood came unlatched, and why the saftey catch didnt work?? But I have shut the hood many times before and it always latched, its kinda a pita because I still dont have the hood struts and when the hood pops it doesnt raise enough for me to get my fingers under it. I can only blame myself I guess but the hood catch shouldnt have bent the way it did.

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
Contacted too_stand on a hood, and the local glass shop can install a new windshield for $197. Gonna wait until I get the body work done before putting the glass in.