hood lock got stuck

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
Guys I need help ASAP, my hood lock is stuck and i cant open the hood. i used to pull the cord with a plier, but now even if i pull it wont open. I pulled the cord from under the car and nothing happened.
what should i do?

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
The problem isn't from the safety latch, the problem is that the lock is really jammed, and I have tried shacking the hood, didn't work.
Is there a way that I can remove the lock from under the car

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
Did that and nothing happened

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

I'm going back to the car and try all your advises again.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
mjsn1;1590561 said:
The problem isn't from the safety latch, the problem is that the lock is really jammed, and I have tried shacking the hood, didn't work.
Is there a way that I can remove the lock from under the car

Yes, but it's no fun... you're looking at removing the oil cooler, intercooler, some of the IC piping, and probably the horn from under the car, then you might be able to get access to the hood latch if you use ky jelly on your arms and do your best boneless octopus imitation.

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
There was no need for TNT, but there was a need for a whole can of WD-40 after I finished taking the lock out.
I had to take the lock from under the car by unscrewing three screws, two on the side which are the easy ones, and one in the the middle which I had to spend a whole hour just to find it

---------- Post added at 03:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 AM ----------

All i had to do was take the intercooler out