holset turbo question will it bolt on!?

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
So I've got a hx35 and a 2jzge and they wanna be together. So I ordered a fleabay.com Turbo manifold and 3" down pipe w/ v bands. Problem is I noticed that the holset doesn't have a v band on exhaust out. So question is" are all t3 exhaust housings the same 5 bolt pattern? If so ill order a. 3" v band for t3. Question 2 my manifold is t4 so ill need a adapter to mount the t3 Turbo right? Or can I mill the bolt holes? What are my options?

speedfreak426

Mar 31, 2008
Brighton, MI
The 5 bolt outlet on the Holset is a little bit different, You can find a flange for the on Ebay as well. As a matter of fact, you may as well buy a t4 to t3 adapter on ebay as well, changing the bolt holes will not work I don't believe, unless you weld a t3 flange on top of the t4 flange first, and then drill it out.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
You need a t4/t3 adapter, you can't file the bolt holes. You can also weld a T3 flange on top and thread that for studs but the adapter is WAY easier, and if you ever decide to get a T4 turbo you can just take the adapter off. They make a short flat one that's only about 3/4" thick, you want that one, not the huge 3" tall one that has a wastegate hole and everything.

If you buy the holset flange on ebay, do yourself a favor and buy a 2.5" to 3" exhaust adapter (IIRC the turbine flange had a 2.5" outlet) and a 3" v-band and weld that to the holset flange to make a custom v-band adapter. Welding the 5 bolt flange right to the downpipe requires a degree in rocket surgery to line it up perfectly.

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
I really don't care if its stainless or mild steel or cast iron(turbo's exhaust flange). thought about taking some relatively thick plate and making a pattern of holset flange/pattern and welding a v band to it.

-I was looking at this part off fleabay and thought it could fit the holset.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/T3-T3-T4-Tu...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item5893ae8234

-this is the fleabay turbo (chinaaa speciaal) i bought
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbo-Manif...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3f16a33378

P.S jayhall the turbo is off a 24 valve 5.9l turbo diesel cummins 5spd 4x4 1998

Last edited: