Holset HE351VE (No 56k and tons of pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gennro

Mar 12, 2008
Alamogordo, NM
SeanMcCabe;1583880 said:
Wow this is pretty neat stuff. Curious though, as I haven't seen it throughout the entire thread, but whats the max boost you see with this turbo?

And make sure to get vids of the dyno!

I'm running 23psi right and it has tons more room to go.

Freshmaker

Feb 3, 2007
Oconomowoc, Wi
gennro;1583711 said:
Alright a little update.

Just figured out a better way to mechanically control the vanes.

This setup allows the spring pressure to be adjusted and how far the vanes close.
The before setup the vanes opened way to fast and the turbo lagged real bad.

But whats cool the way this turbo is setup is the vanes will open with just exhuast pressure by themselves.
Now with this setup the turbo spools twice as fast as before.
I should have some datalogs soon of the turbo spool up time as soon as I can get out on the highway to to do pulls because I'm doing almost 60mph before I shift into second gear and it gets their really fast.

Also should be going to the dyno soon.

Also when I had the turbo off I had it apart and absolutly no carbon buildup so it seems this turbo will hold up extremely well on a gasoline engine. This is my other HE351ve I bought and paid 95 bucks for =)

How much boost are you seeing in first gear?!

SeanMcCabe

May 29, 2008
Arizona
I believe he was implying that he needs money to get his car dyno'd, lol...

In for a bit of explanation on how your boost is throughout the gears and rpm range

gennro

Mar 12, 2008
Alamogordo, NM
SeanMcCabe;1584091 said:
I believe he was implying that he needs money to get his car dyno'd, lol...

In for a bit of explanation on how your boost is throughout the gears and rpm range

I'll get around to doing some datalogs at sometime.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Good work. It's doing the same thing as my Quick Spool valve. Mine opens at 15psi via a hobbs switch rigged to the mechanical actuator. I too have wanted to find a way to have mine stay open at cruise and build boost on command and open gradually over a set of choosable conditions. Still, the difference in spool on my GT35r is huge, and makes street driving way more fun. (15psi by 3300rpm on a .84 T4 turbine)

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
39905509.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.