Hole in 2j block what to do?

Aug 29, 2011
new york
Hey guys, so here's the story I picked up a modified Lexus sc 400 with a 2jzgte and lots of goodies the only problem is the Lexus was in a car crash and due to the car crash there is a hole in the block where the block is bolted to the chassis lol, now I want to know what would be the best bet to salvage atleast some of the motor find another block or buy another motor and just swap over the cams, pistons, etc.?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Find another block and swap it in or rebuild it and then swap it in.

As long as there wasn't serious damage to the rest of the engine everything else should be fine.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You were told wrong.

A 1j block is a inch shorter. Has a much shorter stroke that's why it's a half a liter smaller.

MINA

Jan 19, 2010
sacramento
Or if money is a issue u could get a 2jzge block and swap in and referesh it..not sure on vvti but wouldnt go vvti route

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Did the hole cause any internal moving bits to get pinched, jammed, poked or otherwise made unhappy in any way? A pic would help alot. I would swap the block for another of the same myself. Less headache that way. I have concerns about your other "good" bits being damaged in a yet unforseen way.

Aug 29, 2011
new york
Isn't an NA block a bit different than a gte block? And I doubt there was any internal damage but I still have yet to open up the motor and everything else was intackt r154 is good turbo is good and such but i'll try and get a picture up of where the hole is

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Na block will work fine. Just doesnt have the turbo feed on the hot side of the block and no oil squirters and high compression pistons.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
I would purchase a 2jzgte if you already have a 2jzgte in the car, you can swap the long block which is super easy it'll cost you 1200-2k at most for an engine, then sell the rest of the parts which would give you back some money a 2jzgte head 200-500 bucks, alt, power steering pump, ac compress another 100-350 to be made back, valve covers intake manifold throttle body map igniter etc etc in the end with labor you could be spending as little as 200-500 for a replacement engine

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
OneJArpus;1913375 said:
I would purchase a 2jzgte if you already have a 2jzgte in the car, you can swap the long block which is super easy it'll cost you 1200-2k at most for an engine, then sell the rest of the parts which would give you back some money a 2jzgte head 200-500 bucks, alt, power steering pump, ac compress another 100-350 to be made back, valve covers intake manifold throttle body map igniter etc etc in the end with labor you could be spending as little as 200-500 for a replacement engine

^^^My vote as well.

Aug 29, 2011
new york
I was thinking about doing that , if I do not find a block itself within a few months I'm just going to take a ride to my local engine shop and purchase one thanks