Hmm new supra... need help/opinons

LordChase

Boost Lover
Dec 11, 2006
Greenwell Springs, LA
Yellow 13 said:
1JZ - I think youll need a harness, mounts, an R-154...and probally some other stuff.

Another option is to go NA>T

Which would be adding a turbo onto a NA? ive looked into it but the kits are very costly... i could get the turbo itsself for about 300-500 but then i dont know what else to get tht i need to hook it up... and i know like upgrading stuff in my engine would be needed to handle the HP but like would that get out 300HP?

LordChase

Boost Lover
Dec 11, 2006
Greenwell Springs, LA
BorHor said:
Compresstion test the engine to make sure you dont have a BHG first.
would the swaping stuff be all i need for 300 HP or still more stuff which = more money lol. Yeaaa a BHG is a pretty common problem with those ive herd... although HG are only lk 130 dollars... but idk

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
LordChase said:
would the swaping stuff be all i need for 300 HP or still more stuff which = more money lol. Yeaaa a BHG is a pretty common problem with those ive herd... although HG are only lk 130 dollars... but idk

I havent done NA>T but I think the power is 260-270HP, then you can add a boost controller, fuel pump and some bigger injectors to get the 300 your looking for.

If your worried about the Head gasket you can have the head and block surfaced and install a MHG.

LordChase

Boost Lover
Dec 11, 2006
Greenwell Springs, LA
you can have the head and block surfaced and install a MHG.[/QUOTE]

Well would i need to buy a frount clip of the 7mgte? or just the motor? btw thanks alot yall have been so helpful and have gave me many more options than i could of came up with. Much Appreciated.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
I don't know much about swapping a 1J in.. but i do know is that you do not want to start a swap with an engine only. It will take alot of time and money to find all the little parts that you will need in the end.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
The specs on that site are way off, the 7MGTE make 230 Lbs torqu where they have only 200 listed.

If you wanna do a quick swap and make more power slowly over time Id go with the GTE, it has a smaller initial investment, is a direct drop in, and requires little to get working in your car.

LordChase

Boost Lover
Dec 11, 2006
Greenwell Springs, LA
Yellow 13 said:
The specs on that site are way off, the 7MGTE make 230 Lbs torqu where they have only 200 listed.

If you wanna do a quick swap and make more power slowly over time Id go with the GTE, it has a smaller initial investment, is a direct drop in, and requires little to get working in your car.

Well would i get more power from swaping or like transferring the stuff? i mean the engine would be basically the same either way right?

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
Yellow 13 said:

Yeah, what's with those specs? And they don't even know the hp? Don't buy from them for sure, the look like they have no idea what they're doing.

Do you plan to do most of the work yourself? And is this your DD? How much time do you wanna invest?

Watcha mean by swapping vs transferring?

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
I dont get what your saying, The 7MGE and GTE are similar yes.

But the 1JZ is a completely different motor from the 7M.

The 7MGTE will bolt directly to your car as is, you wont need custom mounts or anything. You will just need to change out the harness ECU and a few sensors.

LordChase

Boost Lover
Dec 11, 2006
Greenwell Springs, LA
ChadMKIII said:
Yeah, what's with those specs? And they don't even know the hp? Don't buy from them for sure, the look like they have no idea what they're doing.

Do you plan to do most of the work yourself? And is this your DD? How much time do you wanna invest?

Watcha mean by swapping vs transferring?

Well i dont know nothing bout putting engines together, but have good helpful friends who do. and if they dont my dad works for toyota and i know id findsomeone there. but whats DD? Time... as long as it takes to get what i want i guess. Like transferring everything from a 7mgte onto a 7mge. or swapping the complete engine...