Hmm new supra... need help/opinons

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
DD = Daily driver.

It sounds like your best bet is gonna be to buy a 7MGTE and rebuild it while you continue to drive your NA. Then when you have the GTE all built and ready to swap put a weekend/holiday aside and swap it.

killarb634

Apr 1, 2005
Jersey's here
LordChase said:
Well i dont know nothing bout putting engines together, but have good helpful friends who do. and if they dont my dad works for toyota and i know id findsomeone there. but whats DD? Time... as long as it takes to get what i want i guess. Like transferring everything from a 7mgte onto a 7mge. or swapping the complete engine...

DD= Daily Driver. You really seem like you have no idea on what your really talking about. If you just want to make your car 300hp swap to a 7mgte .57 turbo new fuel pump, injectors, fpr, boost controller. and boost the hell out of it on the dyno. While the GTE is in the car have the NA rebuilt for turbo. Then swap the turbo'd na into the car and call it five years.
Good luck
Brian

LordChase

Boost Lover
Dec 11, 2006
Greenwell Springs, LA
killarb634 said:
DD= Daily Driver. You really seem like you have no idea on what your really talking about. If you just want to make your car 300hp swap to a 7mgte .57 turbo new fuel pump, injectors, fpr, boost controller. and boost the hell out of it on the dyno. While the GTE is in the car have the NA rebuilt for turbo. Then swap the turbo'd na into the car and call it five years.
Good luck
Brian
O well i know nothing of cars really although like ive been learning alot lately theres so much stuff itll take awhile to know a decent amount. I skate, i know everythin bout skating but cars are totally differnt story. Well i have anouther car that is my DD right now im not sure if ill sell it when i get this one but if i dont know jack bout motors then i should prob swap i guess or start learning faster... is the .57 turbo the stock one for the 7mgte?