HKS VPC/GCC/EVCII or Maft-Pro w/ boost control?:dunno:

SevenMKIII

No more Supra no more fun
Jan 13, 2007
Central IL
What do you guys think? I just completed my rebuild, I'm waiting on a CPS and after that my car should be running. Would it be better to keep my HKS VPC/GCC and EVCII or try to sell it all to switch to Maft-Pro with boost control?

I heard it is better/easier to get the car running in stock form before switching to Maft-Pro, would it be too much trouble? The thing I am worried about is if there is a problem at startup I wouldn't know where to look first, the Maft-Pro or the engine itself because it hasn't ran yet.

Help, I'm way too indecisive.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
the vpc is a tried and true system but a little old. i am running the vpc/gcc/evc 1 combo without issue and have been very pleased with it. the car is a dd and is driven in all types of temps/weather without issue. i havent touched it since it was installed in my glove box.

the maft pro is a really powerful tool but ive been under the impression it needs to have its hand held so to speak from time to time.

the output of the vpc is a little "dirty" on the signal output and alot of people who run it tend to run it through an SAFC to clean the signal and use it for fine tuning as the vpcs tuning is pretty rough overall.

hth!

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
I would stick with the units you've been using... trying to keep every variable constant before the motor is broken in.

I wouldn't want to struggle getting the car to run perfectly with new equipment on a fresh motor.

My 2 cents.

hth

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
MK3Brent said:
I would stick with the units you've been using... trying to keep every variable constant before the motor is broken in.

I wouldn't want to struggle getting the car to run perfectly with new equipment on a fresh motor.

My 2 cents.

hth
Agreed. However, after the break in period I'd sell that stuff cheap and buy the MAFT Pro and all it's goodies. Oh, wait... I already did that! :D

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
Yeah..I would stick to what you have so you can learn tuing the car or so.
And when you have some good tuning experience you can move up to the more complex units like maft pro...etc.

Cheers,
Roy

NewWestSupras

SoupLvr
Mar 1, 2006
White Rock
I was kind of in the same boat, I just put it back mostly stock till I broke the engine in, now that it's done, I'm going to wire up the Maftpro thats been sitting around...of course I'll have to pick Dave's brains, we all need a little experienced help with new tuning systems...hopefully there are members around your area that could give you pointers, if you decide to go with that. Gl!

SevenMKIII

No more Supra no more fun
Jan 13, 2007
Central IL
Awesome thanks guys, I was sort of leaning towards keeping this for now I just needed some more opinions. Maybe someda I'll go Maft-Pro.