hks is the devil

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
I was just sent an e-mail from HKS demandng that I remove all pictures, descriptions, and logo from all of my website listing, forums and e-bay sales. Their reason is that by me using their picture and/or descriptions, I am violating their trademark policy. This I understand, however, as a vendor of theirs, I asked " how are your vendors to advertize your products for sale".

The response was that I am still free to sell their items, I just have to take my own photo's, compose my own descriptions, and not use any hks logo anywhere.

This is really gay.. I will notpurchase one of every item they make, just to take a photo of it, in order to make a listing on my web site. I sell over 140 different product lines, and all of them except Injen, encourage you to use their pictures and descriptions in all of their vendors ads.

For this reason, I will no longer be selling any HKS products.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
and that's something i fully support. i agree with you, hks should be encouraging vendors to use their professional pics and descriptions if they want to sell a damn thing.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
lol its all about who ya know. Momo does this as well with some of my accounts. i simply call them and they magicaly back off...

its not what ya know, it's who ya know ;)

DegreE

Banned
Jan 11, 2008
Memphis & Miami
ehhh, shit like that happens. You should of herd what Ford did to a Mustang forum's calender.

They demanded that they blurr or block out the Ford badges on the cars on the calender.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Yeah, I am pissed at them. It is strange, like I said, most manufactures encourage you to use their pics and descriptions. This means that accurate info and pics will circulate, and will help sell the product. Take NX Nitrous express for instance. I do not stock every kit they make, but I list nearly all of them in ads. If I had to buy one of every kit, just to take my own photo, I would only sell a few of the kits. It is just good business to let the vendors use a manufactures pic and description. If I had a massive product line, I would encourage all my vendors to use my pics and descriptions..

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Sorry to hear about the problems Rich. Glad to see you made a reasonable choice.

DegreE;961613 said:
ehhh, shit like that happens. You should of herd what Ford did to a Mustang forum's calender.

They demanded that they blurr or block out the Ford badges on the cars on the calender.

You dont read very well do you?
BMC posted on their site that it wasnt a Ford issue. I even posted on MRS that it is was a Cafeexpress issue in the thread that discussed it.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
DegreE;961613 said:

That's what I was refering to with other companies doing that. It is so gay.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Kckazdude;961904 said:
Sorry to hear about the problems Rich. Glad to see you made a reasonable choice.

You dont read very well do you?
BMC posted on their site that it wasnt a Ford issue. I even posted on MRS that it is was a Cafeexpress issue in the thread that discussed it.

Everything I read about the ford issue was blaming ford, no mention of cafeexpress in anything I saw. I didnt follow the thread over on their forum or anything though....

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
iwannadie;962073 said:
Everything I read about the ford issue was blaming ford, no mention of cafeexpress in anything I saw. I didnt follow the thread over on their forum or anything though....

The isssue started with 2008 BMC calendars. Then after a few days of bad press and forum threads, Ford gives the OK to publish the calendars. They even go on to explain what the real issue was.

Hopefully Rich will have a similar situation and get things resolved with HKS. Until then I hope he has the full support of the comunity he serves.