Exhaust: 264 ° 9.0mm 115 °

Brain Crower
Intake: 264° 9.52mm not sure the duration degree
Exhaust: 264° 9.52mm
264°/264° 220°/226° .375"/.375" 9.52/9.52

S-Garage Okinawa Japan
Intake 274 Duration 10.20mm peak lift, 109 degree Centerline
Exhaust 274 Duration 10.20mm Peak Lift, 119 degree Centerline

After reading all this, what the hell is the "degree Centerline" ? And how do I measure the lobe on the camshaft? Where does the manufacture get the degree's from? Not the advertised degrees like: 256,264,272,280 etc? I really can't understand the complexity of the cam measurement. Can some please explain in full detail? I want to start building my engine build, and this is my only brick wall. Thanks Nippon-Teku

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Lobe centreline measurement is the angle between the Intake and Exhaust cams as the name implies, short story is closer together = more overlap and less peak cylinder pressures further apart = less overlap and lower cylinder pressures.

This is a gross simplification of the subject before any of the resident genii jump all over this post.

Too much overlap (time when both intake and exhaust valves are off their seats at the same time) is a bad thing with turbo engines as you blow the airfuel mix straight through the cylinder to ignite in the exhaust pre turbo.

Nippon-teku

Aug 9, 2009
Hollywood, FL
IJ.;1486943 said:
Lobe centreline measurement is the angle between the Intake and Exhaust cams as the name implies, short story is closer together = more overlap and less peak cylinder pressures further apart = less overlap and lower cylinder pressures.

This is a gross simplification of the subject before any of the resident genii jump all over this post.

Too much overlap (time when both intake and exhaust valves are off their seats at the same time) is a bad thing with turbo engines as you blow the airfuel mix straight through the cylinder to ignite in the exhaust pre turbo.

Ok, then but don't I need more cylinder pressure to make more horse-power. And do I need of the overlap of the lobe? And out of the specs I posted, with is the better of the three? Thank..Ij

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
On a multicam engine lobe centres are adjustable so you can ignore that for now, You'll need to provide a lot more info before I or anyone else can advise which cams may suit your application.

Trans?

Budget?

Other mods?

Turbo?

Boost pressure?

Fuel?

End use ie: Drag car, Circuit, Street and so on?

Nippon-teku

Aug 9, 2009
Hollywood, FL
IJ.;1486954 said:
On a multicam engine lobe centres are adjustable so you can ignore that for now, You'll need to provide a lot more info before I or anyone else can advise which cams may suit your application.

Trans?

Budget?

Other mods?

Turbo?

Boost pressure?

Fuel?

End use ie: Drag car, Circuit, Street and so on?

Oh...! Ok well I have the W58 with the 2JZ bellhousing,
Walbro 255 Fuel pums X2
850cc Injector
Boost can't tell yet. (engine not in car)
Garrett Turbo GT4294RS
Compressure Inducer 70.3mm Exducer 94.0 Trim56
Turbine Wheel diameter82.0 Tim 84 A/R1.28 Ball Bearing
Aem Series 2 ECU
Custom Intake with 90mm Throttle body
4inch FMIC (4in,2.5out)
E3 e64 sparkplugs
HKS Twin power
Cams..?(that why i started the thread)
HKS cam gears

This is everything I have so far except the camshafts, and it will be for street use. My goal is 780-850hp on Single turbo set up..

Thanks for your imput so far Ij...

WesPatt

Dec 3, 2008
Nashville Tennessee
A little off topic and I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'd think you'd need something more durable than a W58 for a transmission if you're aiming for 780-850hp.

A R154 would suit you better, and with that power, I'd consider even beefing that up.

I believe the 264 Cam's are a mild upgrade, I'd think you'd need 272's at least if not 280's to help you achieve that sort of power. You'll need High performance Valve Train components most likely as well. (springs, valves, etc.)

It's all going to rest on your Budget, cause turning out that power is going to cost ya, Good Luck.

Nippon-teku

Aug 9, 2009
Hollywood, FL
WesPatt;1487047 said:
A little off topic and I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'd think you'd need something more durable than a W58 for a transmission if you're aiming for 780-850hp.

A R154 would suit you better, and with that power, I'd consider even beefing that up.

I believe the 264 Cam's are a mild upgrade, I'd think you'd need 272's at least if not 280's to help you achieve that sort of power. You'll need High performance Valve Train components most likely as well. (springs, valves, etc.)

It's all going to rest on your Budget, cause turning out that power is going to cost ya, Good Luck.

Damn....:icon_sad: You just bust my bubble. I was going to start off slow with the W58 and get the V161 later on when the engine is done. I want to work my way up, knownong how expensive parts can be. Thanks for the info thou, to both of you (Ij & West Patt). No disrespect to anyone eles these two answered my thread. Thanks agian gents, if anymore imput please let me know.