High WHP on stock internals

All the info so far is great and I agree with people who say the engine they choose is a preference and ofcourse budget allowing, but the arguement that I'm in is that its not preference to go JZ but more of a nessecity. And rather than help the members mod thier 7M cars they're being told to get it out of the car cause its not worth modding.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
CajunKenny;1478516 said:
Tekdeus is making 515+ on a MHG, ARP's, Water/Meth, a tune, and stock internals. And from what I hear, he drives it like he stole it!
I raced and dyno'd at 500+hp, but I keep it at 450 on the street. The previous owner ran 372hp for a while, and I drove it at that level for a year, just this year I pushed it to 450+. It's a low-mileage JDM engine. Yes, I have a lead foot :biglaugh:

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
I ran a stock internalled 7M at 400+rwhp for over 4 years. And that includes several track and dyno weekends where I pushed it near 500rwhp on race gas.

Now I have a built 7M. Although the price of 2JZ swaps have come dowm a lot, to me it seemed more cost effective to build the 7M and keep all my existing parts. My built 7M shortblock with forged pistons and rods cost me $2500 total with no short cuts.

And just because X-Man pushed the 7M to 753rwhp, does not mean that is the limit. No damage was done to the engine on that dyno pull, so he could have pushed it further.

Besides all the kids trying cheap out on all the parts, I think the other big limiting factor is the stock ECU. The stock ECU has too much timing advance when you add piggy back fuel computers which leads to knock and blown headgaskets. To do it right, you need a standalone ECU.

Don't listen to the rumors.. Get the facts..

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Correct, X-man's run was on a standalone.

Also, I don't know of anyone running a custom crank, they're all modified stockers (as it's forged).

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
MRSUPRA;1478924 said:
The stock ECU has too much timing advance when you add piggy back fuel computers which leads to knock and blown headgaskets. To do it right, you need a standalone ECU.

ok so of course the best route to go is to get a standalone, but to help with the guys with a stock ecu, is it able to pull back the base timing say from 10* to say 9 or 8*, so when its fully advanced it still would be deemed safe?

im just trying to see if a stock ecu can be deemed safe for 450rwhp, and maybe a 75shot on top of that at the strip. with the proper timing and gas of course

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Stock bottom... really nice head here.;) (Thanks to IJ's research and hard work!)

I've had my car for 15 years, and it's been pushing the 15psi envelope on hybrid CT's for a dozen+ of those, nearly 80k miles of it's life, and now I'm playing around with 16~17psi (planning on low 20psi peaks with meth...) using a modest journal shaft 61mm with piggyback alphabet soup. I'll look to see some numbers soon, but I'd be pretty comfortable to say the car ran 300's for most of it's life, and is in hard-charging 400's now with an eye on a 500whp ticket that I'd like to have yet before I break it down for a full motor. Heck, if it holds at an occasional "daily" drivable 450whp range, I may just drive the thing until I can't.:naughty:

Happy with my 7M here... even if it is a "frail pump".;)

-crisp

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
IJ.;1482379 said:
"Good Head" Will always put a smile on your face ;)

Yes, I've found it's good to be "blown" regularly by BOTH "women" in my life.:biglaugh:

She's a good girl... and I mean both of her!:love:

-crisp

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
wiseco7mgt;1482636 said:
Pics or it didn't happen!

That would be like licking honey from a sharp blade...

...at least... in THIS forum thread, anyway!:biglaugh:

Back to BIG BLOWS on BARE BOTTOMS... heh heh heh... how much can she handle?:naughty:

-crisp

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Lmao @ Crisp..
I'd like to add to that stock 7m a trapdoor sump or something along those lines, i notice a reduced drop in oil pressure that scares me a little at WOT. This will be my next mod. It's all well and good to make the number on a dyno while your stationary but on the road it all changes.

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
wiseco7mgt;1482863 said:
Lmao @ Crisp..
I'd like to add to that stock 7m a trapdoor sump or something along those lines, i notice a reduced drop in oil pressure that scares me a little at WOT. This will be my next mod. It's all well and good to make the number on a dyno while your stationary but on the road it all changes.

Just to confirm... are you MEANING a double negative there? (Or do you mean "reduced pressure/increased drop"?)

How does a "trapdoor sump" work? That's a new term to me... (unless you are referring to WOMEN... in which case... ahhhh, yes! The TRAP DOOR SUMP!:naughty:)

-crisp

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Crisp is the cold weather over there making you horny?lol
The oil seems to surge back away from the pickup on hard runs and needs to be either baffled or a trapdoor sump, i haven't seen a trapdoor style sump for the 7m yet but they are common on v8's. They basically let the oil drain in but not out, My next project before i do anything else to my car will be to make one.
Pretty simple idea, i can't believe a vendor on here hasn't made one yet.
Here's one to suit a LS1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LS1-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Mk3Les

wiseco7mgt;1483293 said:
Crisp is the cold weather over there making you horny?lol
The oil seems to surge back away from the pickup on hard runs and needs to be either baffled or a trapdoor sump, i haven't seen a trapdoor style sump for the 7m yet but they are common on v8's. They basically let the oil drain in but not out, My next project before i do anything else to my car will be to make one.
Pretty simple idea, i can't believe a vendor on here hasn't made one yet.
Here's one to suit a LS1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LS1-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

So I take it youre keeping the "Turbo A" please say yes

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Hi Les, i have a bloke interested at the moment but if he doesn't come through with the dollars i'll keep it, not interested in giving it away.lol