High Compression N/A Pistons

slow_yota

Gotta Pay To Play
Devin LeBlanc;1640447 said:
Good luck... Just throw a 200 shot in it and thats all you'll be able to get out of it.. Doing things like that isnt going to get you anywhere

So, You're saying that going from a 9.2:1 compression to a 11.0:1 compression will net No gains ?

I will say that $800.00 just for pistons is a bit on the high side of things.
I'd rather Buy a 1uz-fe, refreshen it and throw on some bolt ons and go from there.

benchwarmer

Straight Cougar
Aug 2, 2007
Lancaster, CA
AJ'S 88NA;1640577 said:
I have Wiesco"s, 10.5 ratio. If you go with a higher compression you need to run high octane.

I also run the Wiseco 10.5:1 pistons. I ordered them through the Import Performance Parts link above and have zero complaints with them.

slow_yota;1640612 said:
So, You're saying that going from a 9.2:1 compression to a 11.0:1 compression will net No gains ?

I'd rather Buy a 1uz-fe, refreshen it and throw on some bolt ons and go from there.

The average Supra owner seems to be rabidly anti-NA. Apparently because turbo engines make way more power than NA engines you should just turbo your engine rather than modify it, even if that kind of power is not your objective. That said, bumping the compression alone will not net you all that much without supporting mods. A combination of high compression, porting, cams, and headers is what really wakes these tired old 7m's up. :icon_bigg

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
slow_yota;1640612 said:

When it comes to pistons I would pay to play, and if your going that far into building a NA then you might as well make it worth it with quality parts.

The only problem with bolt ons with the 1UZ is there is nearly none, at least in the US.

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
slow_yota;1640272 said:
What kind of compression are you at with the 0.20 nippon pistons ?

those pistons are in my turbo motor. they are 8.4:1. my interest in high comp pistons is for another motor im building for a supra "track car" that has/will have significant weight reduction. as most people on here will tell you, the turbo will give you way more power but i dont think ill need that much power with a lighter supra. thus i do not want to deal with all that other turbo stuff on this supra, my turbo supra is the one i expect big numbers from.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
7M-KDL;1640709 said:
those pistons are in my turbo motor. they are 8.4:1. my interest in high comp pistons is for another motor im building for a supra "track car" that has/will have significant weight reduction. as most people on here will tell you, the turbo will give you way more power but i dont think ill need that much power with a lighter supra. thus i do not want to deal with all that other turbo stuff on this supra, my turbo supra is the one i expect big numbers from.

Even at it's lightest it's still going to be a LardAss ;)

slow_yota

Gotta Pay To Play
Well lets look at the 1uzfe vs the 7mge.Personally I have both in my garage, A spare 7mge
I pulled from the yard last summer and a 1uzfe front clip I bought off of CL.

7MGE

HP 200 Hp - 196 Ft Lbs of Tq
9.2:1 Compression

'95 1UZFE

261 HP - 268 Ft Lbs of Tq
10.4 :1 Compression - [with a rebuild and .20 over pistons should get around a 10.8:1]
Also has a 6 bolt main.

With full exhaust, Some head &internal work, free breathing intake and a
set of lightened pulleys I think 300 HP is s decent goal.

I was just hoping to get away cheap for this winter build.
The 7m does have a few more goodies than the 1uz as well.

CT26smoker

Banned
May 25, 2010
Houston
Suprarich has CP 11:1 7M pistons on his site.
There are some Cosworth 12:1s floating around.
Wiseco, and most likely CP & JE will build you any piston you want for hardly much more than off-the-shelf price.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
7M-KDL;1640864 said:
Ij, im not talking streetable weight reduction. Im talking strictly for track use weight reduction, no glass etc. I think it will be light enough to compete. If I feel like i need to go faster ill just drive my turbo mkiii

LOL it'll be fatNunsafe then Lad ;)

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
oh yeh, they are tanks but i cant afford two turbod supras, one is expensive enough and weight reduction is "free". also, why unsafe IJ? a lot of tract cars have lex instead of glass and plastic bodies instead of metal for that matter. im not going to go that hardcore but you get the point. if it has a cage i can take just about whatever "extra" stuff out(that the rules will allow). i know turbos make power but why not have an na and a turbo car, especially since i already have all the parts.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
my fully stripped car I took to the scrap yard weighed 2200 lbs.. That was no interior other than the seats, no glass, no hatch, no motor or trans, no fenders, or bumpers or anything.. Still heavy as fuck lol

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
slow_yota;1640835 said:
Well lets look at the 1uzfe vs the 7mge.Personally I have both in my garage, A spare 7mge
I pulled from the yard last summer and a 1uzfe front clip I bought off of CL.

7MGE

HP 200 Hp - 196 Ft Lbs of Tq
9.2:1 Compression

'95 1UZFE

261 HP - 268 Ft Lbs of Tq
10.4 :1 Compression - [with a rebuild and .20 over pistons should get around a 10.8:1]
Also has a 6 bolt main.

With full exhaust, Some head &internal work, free breathing intake and a
set of lightened pulleys I think 300 HP is s decent goal.

I was just hoping to get away cheap for this winter build.
The 7m does have a few more goodies than the 1uz as well.

Have you sourced 1UZ-FE parts yet? The cost associated is astronomical compared to the 7M-GE/GTE. EX: Just a cap and rotor set costs upwards of $70.

If I was to build a NA, personally I feel the 1UZ has more potential mechanically and electronically, but at the same time it requires a lot more capital. But when your in this type of game, you either pay to play or dont play.

On the 1UZ from what I gather, If you change the intake manifold, put some headders on, and a mild cam(s) you should be able to have A LOT of fun. The intake and exhaust being the biggest hurtle to jump over because they require a lot of fab time/effort.

Either way 7M or 1UZ, good luck with it!