HID Bulbs & Headlight Housing

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
No, mine are not finished. However, there are a couple guys that have done this already, I'm by no means the groundbreaker in this case. Pictures have been less than common... I'll see if I can find some links.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Well, here's a pic from Steve_N:

p1556720_1.jpg

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
That's a great idea! I've been building molds to make fiberglass covers for the back, but I think I'll ditch that idea in favor of tape. There's some crazy tough tape that works in huge temp ranges. Never even thought of that!

Thanks!

stillboostin87t

Professional Lurker
Feb 19, 2007
NY
Whats the best way to take apart the cheap ebay headlights? Heating them up, or just trying to split them apart w/ a pair of flatheads or something?

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
I think i'll do this "mod" nexted.... In my area "Newark NJ" there are so many effin cars with HIDS in cars that do not come stock with them that i actually tinted my windows which was something i did not want to do, but its annoying with a Hyundai accent behind you with 1000000000K watt HID builbs... smh

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
OneJArpus;1670813 said:
I think i'll do this "mod" nexted.... In my area "Newark NJ" there are so many effin cars with HIDS in cars that do not come stock with them that i actually tinted my windows which was something i did not want to do, but its annoying with a Hyundai accent behind you with 1000000000K watt HID builbs... smh

Yeah man, those douchebags use their HID's and think it makes there car look cool.

I put my HID's in my high beams on my 740IL so I have an option when to use it.

Example, some idiot cuts me off on the high way, left lane, and starts to drive slow. I put on my HID's which lights up his whole car and that makes them move out of the lane.

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
OneJArpus;1670813 said:

A handful of Copperhead BB's work wonders..Just saying

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
OK guys. I think I can make them in such a way that you wouldn't have to cut anything major (maybe a little grinding on the plastic bracket piece behind the headlight), but it requires special bulbs. Going with normal bulbs looks like you'll have to notch the metal bracket behind the headlights that bolts to the core support.

As I'm going to be making them to sell, input would be appreciated :D