Hi my name is Perren Merrell I drive a 1989 Toyota Turbo Supra all stock

yuuuui157

Feb 10, 2011
Dallas, Texas, United States
Hi my name is perren im from Montgomery Alabama I drive a 1989 Toyota Turbo all stock. I bought my dream car in 2009. There is a problem with the clutch no pressure behind the clutch it goes down but doesnt come back up. I will post up pics soon soon as I can afford a camera. Hi everybody!:icon_bigg

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
Welcome to the site Perren, looks like your dream car has a leaky clutch master cylinder or slave cylinder. First make sure there is fluid in the master, followed by check under your dash near the clutch pedal. When the clutch master goes they usually leak in to the car. Hope this helps.

-jim

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
Yes, Go with an Used or brand new OEM from dealership Master, Slave Clutch cylinders & you should try bleeding the system first, it might have tons of air trapped inside. Welcome.

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
Welcome! Like everyone said, replace the clutch hydraulics that is the number one factor of the no pressure clutch pedal, i HIGHLY recommend replacing both clutch master and slave cylinder at the same time, get OEM they last much longer than the aftermarket stuff, bleed and possibly (adjust clutch pedal play) if needed, good luck!

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
modmonster2008;1675303 said:
Welcome! Like everyone said, replace the clutch hydraulics that is the number one factor of the no pressure clutch pedal, i HIGHLY recommend replacing both clutch master and slave cylinder at the same time, get OEM they last much longer than the aftermarket stuff, bleed and possibly (adjust clutch pedal play) if needed, good luck!

Yep, what ^ he said. My clutch pedal was extremely though & at high RPMS my clutch would slip bad & i was like "WTF, we just replaced the clutch!" & yea i was flipping out cuz replacing it was a nightmare (jacking the car from the floor..) & my old man adjusted the clutch pedal & it stopped slipping. Problemo solved & the previous clutch was a N/A disc so it lasted like a couple weeks after the rebuild. We didn't know the difference until i bought OEM clutch disc, pressure plate was same & bearing but the plate was drastically different. OEM sat taller than the one it came with.

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
Welcome!
Visit our sponsor DriftMotion for these items. It'll be way cheaper and you'll have a much better experience than dealing with the dealer.

Also, check out TexasSupras.com ;)