Hi Just sold my '72 charger..ready for a supra!!!

ixelerate

Mar 11, 2010
Ohio
Hey everyone,

My name is Jeff and I'm from NE Ohio. I just sold my '72 Dodge Charger, and it's time to move up to a supra :biglaugh: 40 year cars are really cool when they work, but after spending more time on jackstands with more and more money being spent to fix old and brittle parts and rust, it's time to move to newer car. I already have a civic as a DD, so I guess I'm a import guy deep down. Anyways, I look forward to meeting everyone here!

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
prepare to have your supra up on jack stands as well..!!

but seriously, take care of your car and it'll reward you..

post up some pics of the charger, I love Detroit muscle..!

ixelerate

Mar 11, 2010
Ohio
Del-88;1534123 said:
Welcome Jeff, I’m guessing you are after a MKIV. Good luck with your Supra hunt/purchase!

Well I would like a MKIV, but I think I would like to start out with a MKIII for right now....after spending more money before I think I'll start out with less $. Anyways, here is my old charger! It was green but it got looks :)

p1534211_1.jpg

p1534211_2.jpg

Last edited:

Del-88

Crazy!!!
Dec 21, 2009
Savannah, GA
ixelerate;1534211 said:
Well I would like a MKIV, but I think I would like to start out with a MKIII for right now....after spending more money before I think I'll start out with less $. Anyways, here is my old charger! It was green but it got looks :)

If you get a MKIII be prepare to spend time and money on it, unless you buy one that has been restored by the previous owner.

ixelerate

Mar 11, 2010
Ohio
7thousandpiecesMGTE;1534219 said:
Very nice ride... we could have traded!

About about moving to a "newer" car..... it may be slightly better than the 40 yr old body and parts but the MK3's are no spring chickens.... Welcome and good luck!

ahh too bad I would have loved to traded for a mk3!!! Anyways, mk3s are still 20 yrs old so I know I will still have some problems! The best part is just that rust will be very minimal. I don't mind mechanical problems, but rust is just this cancer that takes over and gets everywhere! I couldn't do a single repair anywhere on the car that didn't involve rust! I like galvanized steel!

Dingoboy

Dec 25, 2009
Tampa, FL
Welcome to the Mania! I used to have a '73 Chevelle in a similar color to your Charger, and it was a love/hate relationship. SO easy to work on, except when rust was involved. I did learn a lot about basic diagnostics and mechanical work by owning that car. And, oh yeah, it was kinda fun to drive as a teenager.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
RazoE;1533930 said:
prepare to have your supra up on jack stands as well..!!

+1 million

Mine has been there for the last 6 months straight. And of the 3 years I have owned it she has been on the stands 98% of the time.

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
Where in NE Ohio are you? Good luck with the hunt for a Supra, I'll keep an eye out around here (Akron/Canton area).

ixelerate

Mar 11, 2010
Ohio
Dingoboy;1534729 said:
Welcome to the Mania! I used to have a '73 Chevelle in a similar color to your Charger, and it was a love/hate relationship. SO easy to work on, except when rust was involved. I did learn a lot about basic diagnostics and mechanical work by owning that car. And, oh yeah, it was kinda fun to drive as a teenager.

Yup, same with my car! Even the morning I went to start it when the buyer was coming to pick it up, the battery was dead. I couldn't even do my own brake job, corrosion had made my brake system one big corroded conglomerate. Though nothing was more fun then getting looks in that car when I was 17....:naughty:

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

arknotts;1534766 said:
Where in NE Ohio are you? Good luck with the hunt for a Supra, I'll keep an eye out around here (Akron/Canton area).

Hey I'm just east of Cleveland, but I go to Ohio State, so I spend the majority of my time in Columbus right now.

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

smokemyocum;1534663 said:
Welcome to the mania, that charger is beasty! lol

Thanks! Yea it was just a lil 318, but the mufflers were ripped open so it made a pretty good amount of noise!