Hi I'm a newby

CARETAKER

Nov 17, 2006
OCALA FLA
My name is Travis,I' m with a group w\no name,more or less friends that like to go fast.We are introducing into the wild,"mostly the streets" our newest pos an 87 targa turbo 5 speed,its got a little street rep w\our 5.0 spankin attitude.pretty much custom upto scratching the lambo titanium color paint We put the good bottom in it but only got the ross forges,the head work and cams done in house"my bosses machine shop thank god" w\ the turbo subbed to my buddy gary of ocala #1 in my book.Flywheel 4 finged clutch ,driveshaft are some of the name brand stuffin her.nice freeflow x-haust 7000 rpm screamer for all to hear.,only 12psi .fuel to be done during christmas,Then maybe the rest.another may pop special from the nasty garage of Trav. Thanx for havin us.pics are on my labtop coming soon.

CARETAKER

Nov 17, 2006
OCALA FLA
Thanx for the welcome,What's the big change in the 1jz and 2jz compared to my dinasaur 7mgte?I'm a little yoda dumb,when it comes to stuff I havent seen yet!Kinda hands on learning,like all us adhd's,thanx again

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
The 1JZ is a 2.5 liter motor, vs. the 3 liter the 7M has. It's also a twin turbo, and has a shorter bore stroke. The 2JZ has different turbos, but it's also a twin and a 3 liter. The 1JZ and 2JZ motors are completey different from the 7M motors. They also like to rev higher too. Here's an article on the 1JZ that should help you understand more. Also, in order to help yourself more and to prevent pissing people off, please use the search button. The 1JZ and 2JZ Vs. 7M is a very heated debate.

Attachments

• 1JZ Article 1.jpg
    1JZ Article 1.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 1JZ Article 2.jpg
    1JZ Article 2.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 1JZ Article 3.jpg
    1JZ Article 3.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 1JZ Article 4.jpg
    1JZ Article 4.jpg