here's a broke sub frame.

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
is it still out there? i went by there today but only saw the burgundy one. i havent seen you around. i have the two tone one(obviously from my sig) but its not on the road right now. were you at their big "supra dyno day" a few months ago? also, i looked at your profile, it says your running 680cc's what brand are they?

tekimp

Airborne
Aug 8, 2007
Fort Bragg, NC
Ooooh! Good question... as per what brand they are... I have to double check... really can't remember... ugh... they are yellow... hmm... who makes yellow colored injectors?

Right now, they are working on that sub frame. Those pics were from today!

They just finished putting the Haltech Standalone in. They working on other problems now. Motor oil leak, gear oil leak... and the sub frame now. So proud to have these guys working on my car. They know their stuff!

Never would have thought about checking that part of the sub frame either....

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
yeh their definately knowledgeable. they do clean work too. i dropped my injectors off today so they can send them out for flow testing. i have venom 680's that came with my car. i read the post about venoms so i know people have had a lo of problems, hence the reason for a flow test. if they come back bad ill just have to find some new injectors. were you at the shop today? i was there between 4 and 5..

tekimp

Airborne
Aug 8, 2007
Fort Bragg, NC
7M-KDL;1457292 said:
yeh their definately knowledgeable. they do clean work too. i dropped my injectors off today so they can send them out for flow testing. i have venom 680's that came with my car. i read the post about venoms so i know people have had a lo of problems, hence the reason for a flow test. if they come back bad ill just have to find some new injectors. were you at the shop today? i was there between 4 and 5..

No I wasn't at the shop. I'm out of Ft. Bragg, NC. A good 2 hour 30 minute drive away.

Kind of upset, there not more Supra people around here in Ft. Bragg area. Many people deployed and all.

Not much time left myself.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
I had my rear sub frame go on me a couple years ago, but that had a little help from a close encounter with the right rear wheel hitting a curb after being spinning on some slush/snow...a testament to not driving in the snow with summer tires on in a rear wheel drive car :(. I found a frame local and got my buddy's shop to put it in. I'm kinda glad I didn't do it myself, it was real ugly.

tekimp

Airborne
Aug 8, 2007
Fort Bragg, NC
yikes! I think it's about time to change the drag radials to street / all weather tires then...

Naw, I haven't hit any curbs or gone over any crazy pot holes, very careful with my baby.

Yet, re-enforcement of that sub frame is critical with my goals of getting 600~700 hp in the next 8~12 months....

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Mine was cracked there as well as completely separated at the front right diff bolt. The diff was basically only being held in by 3 out of 6 bolts, and would have surely torn out had I not noticed it. 7M torque is to blame :D

tekimp

Airborne
Aug 8, 2007
Fort Bragg, NC
DANG! That looks nice!

How much torque can that handle now?

In a hurry here... have to leave to catch flight to Texas for Turkey Day....

Is that the best route to go as far as re-enforcing the sub frame is concerned?

What other ways are there to re-enforce the sub-frame?

Catch ya'll in 4 days when I get back and can check this out.

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
ahh how sweet. haha. shot him a pm to see if he had the measurements and what type of steel he'd used but still no reply back. and i've been meaning to do this for almost a year now lol. already got the diff out and rebuild it. just never put it in cause i needed to do this.