here's a broke sub frame.

tekimp

Airborne
Aug 8, 2007
Fort Bragg, NC
20 year old car... high horse power output around 300 to 500 hp. It happens. seriously them mechanics saved me and my car in finding this.

putting another one in for now.

need to have it re-enforced, but i will have them boys do that when i get back from my deployment to the middle east

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
I keep expecting mine to crack. I've worn through two six-puck disks, one unsprung, and still no issues :) I've got a spare to reinforce for the inevitable, I guess.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
IJ.;1457209 said:
that would be check "e" :p
(once you get to the others that is)

LOL, well there is a $3 bolt, that I can try NOW or wait a day and try another drive shaft. LOL

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
IJ.;1457215 said:
You could LOOK at the DS for free :p

Yea, I can...or I can put this damn bolt in that needs to be there anyways AND look at the DS at the same time! WOOT!

I'm going with A and B on this one.:biglaugh:

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
IJ.;1457222 said:
You could have LOOKED at the DS 2 days ago when you were under there after I mentioned it in the other thread :D

I did look at it...I said "Look at DS" Check, looks good.

AND its been only ONE day here! Crazy Aussies...always gotta be postin about the future.

--Golli

Feb 6, 2009
Adelaide, Australia
I've seen the rears crack around the mounts for the diff, but never there!
Definately did a good job of it. What are your plans for reinforcement??

EDIT: I was looking at the last pic when I tried to work out which subframe it was...
Had I looked at the first one, I wouldn't have asked such a stpuid question...*facepalms*

tekimp

Airborne
Aug 8, 2007
Fort Bragg, NC
I will say that I had a sheered differential bolt... you can see it still there in one of the pics...

I think the sub frame buckled and broke... then sheered off the diff bolt.

SERIOUSLY, unbelievable... If it were not for the pictures, I wouldn't believe it myself.

These guys at Majestic Motorsports are putting a new sub frame in for me.

The car is gonna sit for a good six months or maybe a year... depends on the deployment... so I will be saving a bit of money.

Definitely taking it back to them to re-enforce it. I will ask them what they can do in order to do that.

These guys are real pro's... thank god! Considering they know all about this crazy stuff and have pretty much seen it all. Heck they have a 1500 hp MK IV... thing is a beast!

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
Mine cracked in this place on a stock car, without any missing bolts. It can happen to anyone. Car was never driven and the rear end was not rusty like most cars.

Sucks, but it can be fixed and reinforced.

Jeff

tekimp

Airborne
Aug 8, 2007
Fort Bragg, NC
Holly Toledo!!! Home now... looked at pics!

DANG!

Now what would have happened if that crack had gone all the way through????

Just crazy!