Help!!!!!!

laxboy36

Mar 25, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
I just installed my new intercooler and went to start her up, and i get this fluttering rpm and cant even go past 2000 rpm when driving, the boost gauge hits 0. need help.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Theres a tricky on spot always causes leaks. The coupled on the hotside of your turbo has a notch on it if you put the couple to high up and get caught on that notch it won't seal and all the air just gets out.

On a side not make sure you pluged in your afm after you got done. Stupid little things cause the biggest problems

laxboy36

Mar 25, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
Well this is my mods. I have stock fuel and stock afm. Full three inch exhaust and intake. I just put my intercooler in an I'm getting the fluttering rpm, and I checked all the pipping and they are on.

89gte

Regular
Apr 26, 2011
Tennessee
You're supposed to have the stock AFM, but if it was an AFM issue (and they tend to go out at bizzare times) you should be getting a couple codes, it's probably the piping if you did not mess with anything else. What IC and setup did you go with?

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

I think you have a huge boost leak

laxboy36

Mar 25, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
and the car ran fine with the stock fmic and then when i put the new one on its undriveable, i mean i checked all the pipping on the car and they are on there. but its weird that the car runs with the maf disconnected, just running on rich fuel but cant rev the car. and when the maf is connected, it cant keep a steady rpm and i cant go past 2000rpm, the engine still stays on just no fuel to the engine.

jonahs_supra

May 17, 2011
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
laxboy36;1758216 said:
and the car ran fine with the stock fmic and then when i put the new one on its undriveable.

you just answered your own question
i cant see a AFM going out after upgrading intercooler...atleast not at the same time of install

i would check wires going to AFM
i had a bunch of boost leaks in my intercooler piping and my car ran like dog shit
did anything get inside AFM or did you try to use AFM cleaner on it?
TPS plugged in?

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?46793-Code-51

^^read the last paragraph