Help!!!!!!

laxboy36

Mar 25, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
idk what the hell is wrong with the car. i checked and checked for boost leaks. And i cleaned the afm and it still ran like shit. and what will the car do if i just put the lexus afm in?

ifyouaint1sturlast

Banned Scammer - I'm whitemike.
Jun 14, 2011
Fort Myers/Cape Coral - Florida
If the boost gauge hits zero, then you are not building boost. If it worked fine before you installed the I/C, then you created a huge leak. It's common sense. The air is not getting to the engine. The AFM would not make your compressed air non-existent. It's a sensor not a black hole..

laxboy36

Mar 25, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
fuck great, but ive checked like 5 times for leaks, and i remember when i had a leak my engine check light came on, well it doesnt when i rev the car. when i rev it, its like its hitting fuel cut. and my dumbass bought maf sensor cleaner and it said NOT to use on supras

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
laxboy36;1758444 said:
fuck great, but ive checked like 5 times for leaks, and i remember when i had a leak my engine check light came on, well it doesnt when i rev the car. when i rev it, its like its hitting fuel cut. and my dumbass bought maf sensor cleaner and it said NOT to use on supras
How about you describe exactly how you checked for leaks.

laxboy36

Mar 25, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
i took the IC pipping off and checked if they were on there tight. but before i cleaned the afm and it was connected it was somewhat driveable cant go past 2000rpm. but then when i cleaned it the car is unable to rev.

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Pressurize the charge piping. Sometimes the Iac hose got loose and would cause this, But im pretty sure its some type of leak somewhere in the system.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
If you used the afm cleaner it could have runined your afm.

Do a search for build your own boost leak tester (DIY boost leak tester)

Inspect coupler connected on hot side of turbo.

Inspect all vaccum lines

DO NOT INSTALL LEXUS AFM with stock injectors EVER!

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
I made a 3'' piping that I welded a PSI gauge to it, and a airline fitting. So I could install in the place of the accordian hose, hook up my air-line hose, Pressurize it to like 5psi, and listen for leaks. Found numerous of leaks all over my engine, most of which wernt IC piping related.

I believe there is a thread on DIY boost leak tester

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
laxboy36;1758487 said:
i took the IC pipping off and checked if they were on there tight. but before i cleaned the afm and it was connected it was somewhat driveable cant go past 2000rpm. but then when i cleaned it the car is unable to rev.
Wait, you cleaned the AFM? Describe exactly how you did that, as well.

Taking the piping off and visually inspecting it isn't the way to do it. Pressurize the intake tract and listen for leaks. There is a thread here that describes how, it's not difficult by any stretch.

laxboy36;1758499 said:
Now if my afm is fucked, now if I find a 7mgte afm can I put the sensor on the Lexus housing? Or will putting a newer 7mgte afm on there will I have problems
The electronics are the same between both AFMs, only the housing is different, and yes, it's a simple matter to swap electronics.

jonahs_supra

May 17, 2011
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
for a home made boost leak test
i took a piece of 2.5" exhaust piping...cut a section off(about 4inches)
took a flat piece of sheetmetal
welded sheetmetal to 1 of the openings
cut sheetmetal down(just for looks lol)
drill a hole big enough for a tire valve stem to barely fit
pull stem through
disconnect the easiest piping you can get to the easiest(preferably closer to turbo)
install tester into coupler and tighten down
pressurize system to 8psi
have a buddy watch your stock pressure gauge
now listen for leaks

**WARNING**If you can not inflate a tire then do not attempt this test lol