Help With Starter 7m-ge

Melbinpop

Nov 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
hey so im looking for the name of the male 1 pin connector that goes from the wiring harness to the starter and i cant seem to find it, i was wondering if anybody knew the name. Im having the usual MKIII starting problem and i want to cross everything off the list before i do the relay mod.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You don't spike the Ecu and you not bypassing it. The relay simply gives the solenoid 12v from the battery as soon as the key is turned.

In order to fix it properly without the relay you will need to replace the signal wire from ign switch to starter. Kinda involved process to make it look nice.

Melbinpop

Nov 15, 2011
hvyman;1865129 said:
You don't spike the Ecu and you not bypassing it. The relay simply gives the solenoid 12v from the battery as soon as the key is turned.

In order to fix it properly without the relay you will need to replace the signal wire from ign switch to starter. Kinda involved process to make it look nice.

thank you, thats all i needed. but my connectors are very corroded thats why i was asking for the name of it. or is there another connector that would fit?.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Pm Drtweak. He should be able to get a connector. But again just changing the connector is not going to do much. All the wiring is corroded and has seen lots of age, heat cycles, etc.

Melbinpop

Nov 15, 2011
hvyman;1865183 said:
Pm Drtweak. He should be able to get a connector. But again just changing the connector is not going to do much. All the wiring is corroded and has seen lots of age, heat cycles, etc.

yes i am going to replace the wires as well, im trying to the the job right instead of modding it.