Help with my new boost gauge!

tomsupra48

Jul 15, 2008
south carolina
ok i just go my new boost gauge today and the instructions are very none helpfull... it says hook the little T connection to the manifold pressure hose... and then of corse you run the little hose the gauge comes with up to the gauge from there ... i want to make sure i do this right so wich hose is the correct one (manifold pressure)...im sure all of you have hooked one up

tomsupra48

Jul 15, 2008
south carolina
Rennat;1102294 said:
i used the little nipple off of the back of the intake manifold on the driver-ish side... it T's off into the heater valve, and the cruise control.

does that hose have vacume when the throttle is not opened?.. i know that the 2 on the top of the throttle body dont have vacume untill you open the throttle up

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
Rennat;1102294 said:
i used the little nipple off of the back of the intake manifold on the driver-ish side... it T's off into the heater valve, and the cruise control.

good place.
you need something after the throttle body.
in my opinion, a boost guage that requires you to run a line back to the guage (autometer etc..) sucks. not to mention, you are running a vacuum line longer than you should. just make sure you don't kink the line while pulling it through your car.

Last edited:

tomsupra48

Jul 15, 2008
south carolina
yes i know that its my intake manifold dude.. but there are two vacume lines that run right off of the top of the throttle body basicly right were it bolts up to the manifold that dont have vacum unless you are into the throttle... im not stupid i just wanted to see were everyone else was hooking theres up.... and its allgood now because i have it hooked up i guess im blind because i didnt see the nipple that you guys were talking about on the firewall side of the intake manifold at first but i got it now...

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
I have mine hooked up to a vacuum block I made:evil2:
Sorry for the bad pic. I only had my camera phone on me at the time. No micro setting on phones :3d_frown:
p1102841_1.jpg

tomsupra48

Jul 15, 2008
south carolina
yea i tested it today and its working great i went of that same nipple and i was able to drill a hole in the firewall about 8 inches or so to the side of were the steering shaft goes... and so the vacume line is only like maybe 2 and a half or three feet long at the most becuase i have the lotec pillar pod.. but its very responsive and workin really good..