Help me decide: Zeitronix vs. Innovate/prosport

Which Wideband/gauge configuration should I use?

• Zeitronix

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Innovate + ProSport Gauges

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I need to pick up a wideband, boost gauge, and EGT gauge - I have done a bit of searching and have narrowed it down to two options. I would like to know which you guys think would be a better setup. If there is something better you suggest, please post it!

OPTION #1:

Zeitronix Zt-2 + LCD display unit + EGT Probe and Boost Sensor:
theone4.jpg

It would end up costing ~$595 all said and done and provide me all of the functions I need as well as what looks like decent data-logging. This would really be stretching my budget quite a bit, but it would allow me to keep my interior fairly clean.

OPTION #2:

Innovate LC-1 with DB Blue Gauge:
1d30_1.JPG

+ Prosport Electrical Boost Gauge and EGT gauge with peak/warning:
peakwhite.jpg

Total for this option is roughly 495. I think I read I can data-log AF through the LC-1, but they offer a separate datalogger product, so I am not positive on that. These gauges would be more visible for sure, but I really prefer not to have gauges all over the vehicle (just don't like the look).

So, what do you think would be the best option? If anybody has used any of these products, I am especially interested in hearing about your experience.

Tim

Oct 16, 2006
CA
I am using the Zeitronix zt2 with the optional boost and egt gauge and I am so happy with this setup! The data logging program is great and very easy to use. Very easy to install and worth every penny!:icon_bigg

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Tim said:
I am using the Zeitronix zt2 with the optional boost and egt gauge and I am so happy with this setup! The data logging program is great and very easy to use. Very easy to install and worth every penny!:icon_bigg

Can you data-log the boost and egt numbers as well as the afr? From what I gather you can, but I wanted to double check with somebody who uses it.

Thanks for the feedback!

Tim

Oct 16, 2006
CA
yes, you can data log wideband AFR, boost, tps, rpm, egt, lambda (AFR), and also and addition, a user function which will be an addition input of your choice. You can also set warnings on your EGT, boost, AFR, so that it will warn you when you are going above the numbers you specify. You also can set a trigger to trigger Alcohol/water injection or nitrous, ect. The display also has a peak and hold function that is cool and handy for driving without a laptop in the car.

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Tim said:
yes, you can data log wideband AFR, boost, tps, rpm, egt, lambda (AFR),

Thanks, I'm definitely leaning that way. Especially since the only other setup I like (Innovate/prosport) isn't really that much cheaper anyway. I guess budgets are made to be broken. :3d_frown:

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
yeah i like innovate too. logworks program it comes with is awesome.

only thing a little bit of a pain w/ the innovate is it doesnt self calibrate and real voltage sensitive. if you do the calibration right, you dont have to worry about it. for the voltage sensitivity, hook it up to a real power source. not the cig lighter power like a lot of people use.

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
dbsupra90 said:
yeah i like innovate too. logworks program it comes with is awesome.

only thing a little bit of a pain w/ the innovate is it doesnt self calibrate and real voltage sensitive. if you do the calibration right, you dont have to worry about it. for the voltage sensitivity, hook it up to a real power source. not the cig lighter power like a lot of people use.
Voltage sensitive, like the wideband wouldn't work at all?

I've had my LM-1 plugged into my CIG lighter for the past 3 years, no problems.
I have read others having issues with that though.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
brent-

i was talking about the lc-1 and tapping into the cig lighter power wire to power the wideband, not the lm-1 where it actually plugs into it. altho, i too have seen problems w/ that as well. what will happen is you will get an error if the wideband doesnt see a high enough voltage. when it does this, it wont do the heater calibration and it wont function.

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
mmarkk said:

Yeah, I read that at -- along with quite a few other articles that had different results. I have seen other articles that the Zeitronix was rated the best.

So, if you are referring me to the article, am I to assume you have problems with your Zeitronix? It is rated at the lower end in that particular article, so please explain.

Have you been satisfied with yours???

mmarkk

ShoarmaTeam Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Netherlands
I'm very happy with the Zeitronix with display, boostsensor and egt, some of my friends have it now also and i haven't heard a bad thing about it :)
the later versions can trigger an alarm when readings go dangerous
The logging-software is easy to use and the whole unit is very small so you can squeeze it behind the glovebox
I log the VF value also with it, and threw away the stock o2 sensor cause the zeitronix has an output for simulated narrowband o2sensor
Display is in the glovebox:
afc.jpg

Can you please post the link to the article where the Zeitronix was the best? :)

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
mmarkk said:
Can you please post the link to the article where the Zeitronix was the best? :)

I didn't bookmark any of the articles, but I am sure to find it again as I do my final research. I am planning to just make a decision and go ahead and buy on Monday. I'll link the article as soon as I run across it again.

Thanks for the details!

Apr 6, 2005
Alpharetta, GA
Grassroots Motorsports Mag' had a W/B comparo article and they nominated the Zeitronix for "better option" from the low cost tier options, but in terms of overall effectivity and useability and what majority of "big time" tunere use, the Innovative wins hands down.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
I'm weary of that 1st article posted. There is no way that the Zeitronix is .54 off, unless from the factory cars run at 15.2 or 14.2... I call BS.

Last edited:

mmarkk

ShoarmaTeam Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Netherlands
^wouldn't the difference be in the sensor itself?
don't the units just translate voltage from the sensor to an a/f ratio value right, can't or shouldn't be much difference in that

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
mmarkk said:
^wouldn't the difference be in the sensor itself?
don't the units just translate voltage from the sensor to an a/f ratio value right, can't or shouldn't be much difference in that

nope

widebands don't work on voltage ;)

they work on current and as such the electronics have to read current and current changing to translate to lambda.

Dyno shops. oohhhh I really really really hope that they are using a 5 gas analyzer or at the very least a horiba or ECM wideband to do thier tuning.