help fitting regulus rear wing.

supramad77

supramad
Feb 5, 2006
Dartmouth, Devon, UK
Anyone out there running the this wing. Fitting looks to be a bit of a pain.
It has two holes drilled on the wing one at each end but that won'tbe enough to hold this big wing down at high speed. The other stock mount points are near impossible to get at. The sides are no better. One was drilled with hols that look correct for the stock locations so i have done the same to the other. Question now is how do i mount it as getting at the holes looks hard form under the rear arch. My other idea is to use sikoflex to bond them on but i would rather not as it is a bit to permanent. I guess i should also put some sort of rubber under the mount points to help keep out the water.

Any help welcome on this guys.

Ultra7M

Mar 31, 2005
Arizona
www.cardomain.com
Mounting the wing was fairly straightforward. First you will need some sort of gasket (weatherstripping) to prevent leakage into the mounting points. The center section of the wing is supported be the two holes on either side and my kit came with special mounting hardware to hold it down further (see pic below). As for the sides mine came pre drilled to the factory 3-piece wing locations. You get access to these points from the interior. Hope that helps.

Ernest
regulus1.jpg

Last edited:

supramad77

supramad
Feb 5, 2006
Dartmouth, Devon, UK
Thanks for that pic. Shame i was not given the mounting hardware. I wondered what the holes were for on the wing. I should be able to fabricate something like that i guess. So i have to fit screws up from the inside for the sides.