Help Fidanza F/W- Pilot Bearing

88jspec

By any Means Necessary...
Oct 3, 2005
Atlanta..Ga
I have a new fidanza flywheel and spec stage 3 clutch, the problem is the center whole in the fly wheel is 1 ½ inch, and .the pilot bearing is 1 ¼ inch . From what I have read the pilot bearing should fit snug in the center of the fly wheel hole. When I placed the bearing in the fly wheel hole there is about a ¼ inch gap all the way around. I’m not sure if this is normal, I called Fidanza to make sure I had the correct fly wheel and I went to Toyota and bought a new pilot bearing, The fly wheel was correct P/N 130591 T011, and the bearing from Toyota was the same size as the spec kit. Could this be a defected fly wheel, I have never removed or installed one before. Before I take it to get installed I wanted to make sure all the parts where correct. So is this normal or should I send the fly wheel back…thanks for any advice
88 turbo

88jspec

Oct 3, 2005
Atlanta..Ga
Hey thanks guys, you all are correct, lookin at the toyota manual it is misleading, and the fidanza instruction says it should be installed with locite, thx's again...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
DO NOT LOCTITE THE PILOT BEARING IN!!!

Loctite the flywheel bolts, loctite the pressureplate to flywheel bolts, BUT GOOD GOD NOT A BEARING!!

88jspec

Oct 3, 2005
Atlanta..Ga
Poodles;1123050 said:
DO NOT LOCTITE THE PILOT BEARING IN!!!

Loctite the flywheel bolts, loctite the pressureplate to flywheel bolts, BUT GOOD GOD NOT A BEARING!!

ok got you my supra friend thx's